At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Manager, Human Resources who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Manager, Human Resources provides facility leadership in areas that include employee relations, employee benefits, safety and health, wage and salary administration, performance management, and employment which includes recruiting, placement, on-boarding, and staff development. They develop, implement, and/or manage all policies and programs in the area of Human Resources administration. This person will also partner with facility management in the decision making process for meeting facility goals and objectives.
- Lead all aspects of Human Resources administration to include, but not limited to, benefits, compensation, compliance, employee relations, organizational development, recruitment, and other general areas of human resources.
- Work with facility Human Resources staff to ensure all specific human resources processes, procedures and contractual requirements are met.
- Oversee facility hiring process, including, applicant screening, interviewing, selection and hiring, in cooperation with appropriate management personnel.
- Direct and implement an on-going recruiting program for staffing needs at all levels of the facility. Create a community presence for recruitment to include coordination with local, state and federal job placement agencies.
- Manage resolution of employee complaints and grievances by providing guidance and support in coordination with supervisors/managers and updating any related HRIS.
- Manage the administration of company sponsored benefit programs. Conduct group presentations during on-boarding and open enrollment and provides instruction on how to enroll in benefit programs.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or a related field is required.
- Two years of human resources experience is required. Experience in recruiting is preferred.
- Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Must demonstrate specialized knowledge of applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations in areas such as FMLA, ADA, COBRA, EEO/AA, FLSA and workers' compensation.
- Must have strong time management, organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications or other similar software applications is required.
- Experience with an HRIS, payroll software, web base recruiting systems and other computer applications is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.