Our Global HR team partners with our business leaders to attract, retain, and develop Hilton's most important asset, our Team Members.
What will I be doing?
The Manager, Learning - Marketing will lead internal business partner functional learning curricula as well as learning projects that apply to the Hilton Global Marketing organization, hotels, and other parts of the enterprise. Your focus is on the continued development and performance of team members and partners to the business. You will be responsible for identifying learning needs and driving solutions, including onboarding curricula and continuous functional learning. Your work will also include ensuring that all learning content is aligned to strategic objectives, is delivered in a consistent, efficient manner and that the training has measurable outcomes. This involves developing and curating content that supports the strategic objectives and accelerates the functional development of the team through the development, implementation, and facilitation of content, along with the partnering of external vendors and measuring the outcomes of learning events.
More specifically, you will:
- Meet regularly with key partners and leadership to ensure a proactive approach in developing curricula as well as learning that applies to hotels and other parts of the enterprise.
- Collaborate with marketing business partners to ensure that all learning content is aligned with strategic objectives and based upon instructional design and learning theory principles. This includes delivering learning content in an efficient manner.
- Perform needs assessments, as required, to identify trends and learning opportunities specific to team needs.
- Partner with vendors for content development. This includes building requests for proposal and review vendor options, managing statements of work/non-disclosure agreements/master service agreements, providing feedback to vendor-based responses/edits from partners, and handling timely payment of invoices.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on learning design and content and serve as a project liaison between vendors and business partners.
- Perform necessary learning program updates to learning material, including PowerPoint presentations, pre-work guides, support documents, and participant guides.
- Maintain and update online or offline departmental documentation.
- Ensure significant program changes or expressed needs from business partners for new programming is provided to Senior Manager, Learning for further follow-up.
- Develop and maintain functional learning plans for Team Members.
- Conduct needs analysis and apply instructional design methodologies using Adult Learning Theory.
- Track program expenses and communicate participant evaluation data regularly.
- Develop own personal development plan to ensure learning professional competencies are up to standard.
- Work within established departmental budget.
- Balance own schedule, travel, and expenses.
- Perform other activities, as requested.
What are we looking for?
We believe, the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Self-starter, well-organized and willing to take ownership of responsibilities and possess a high level of positive energy and drive
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with little supervision
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal - as well as comprehension skills to articulate complex analytical topics to a wide audience who may or may not be familiar with analytics or the subject matter
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills to effectively and creatively find solutions for hard problems while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years' experience in a Corporate Learning and Development capacity
- Two (2) years in project management related to Learning and Development
- Previous experience presenting and facilitating proactive and responsive learning solutions to meet the needs of the business and seizing opportunities for continuous improvement in individuals, teams, business units and organization performance
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, including understanding, building and manipulating presentations, spreadsheets, and documents
- Travel and be adaptable to schedule changes as required
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5) years of professional experience
- Corporate marketing experience and/or consulting experience
- Global work experience
- A member of ANA or AMA
- CPLP, APTD, PMP, DDI, CHT, Franklin-Covey certifications
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!