Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage, and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 100+ metal and glass production facilities in more than 20 countries, employing approximately more than 23,000 people and have global sales of more than $9bn.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organisation.
Manager, Logistics and Planning will lead and direct the logistics and production planning within the Bridgeton facility. This role will coordinate and leverage the supply chain toward effective inventory controls and customer, delivery and warehousing conflict resolutions.
- Lead the Ardagh Safety Programs and model proper safety behaviors.
- Identify root cause toward establishing preventive activities and corrective actions toward event resolutions.
- Establish clear rules and best practices for timely disposition of exception inventory while building cooperation within the supply chain.
- Primary focus will be transition from stand-alone WMS to our SAP WM system.
- This person must be fluent in WMS and SAP WM and will be fully responsible for the success of the implementation
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective KPIs that clearly demonstrate improvement, effective management practices, and predictive/repeatable outcomes.
- Effectively manage direct reports, provide coaching, skills development opportunities, and cross-functional training.
- Utilize class tracking systems (ERP, WMS, WM, AGV, etc.) to provide company with maximum visibility and ability to make timely and informed decisions with finished goods inventory toward customer fulfilment.
- Ability to professionally and respectfully interact at all levels of the supply chain including reporting on inventory activities to senior management.
- Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of an Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or business-related field.
- Minimum of at least five 5 years of progressive Warehouse/Materials management experience in a manufacturing environment preferably the glass container industry.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a team-based environment.
- Ability to manage and supervise other salaried personnel and direct reports.Candidate should have experience with union environments.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills with good team dynamics and possess strong planning and organizational skills.Must be self-motivated.
- Must have basic computer skills and have knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Applications.
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit www.ardaghgroup.com.