Manager, Mortgage Loan Operations
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Manager, Mortgage Loan Operations in San Antonio, Texas. The primary purpose of this job is to manage the daily activities of the Mortgage Originations Division, ensuring the timely and accurate completion of team responsibilities within established guidelines. This position is responsible for overseeing relationships with all Mortgage Loan Origination staff while maintaining PenFed’s best interest and complying will all policies and procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with assigned staff to evaluate and analyze pipeline details. Ensure that all conditions and closing dates are met. Identify any issues that may affect the ability to meet previously established conditions and dates in a timely manner.
- Monitor daily work of the team so that service level agreements are being met. Assist assigned staff in the maintenance of efficient workflow to minimize turn around and processing time from initial application to closing.
- Monitor loans in process to determine any deviation from standard processing time and to take appropriate actions including escalating to appropriate parties for alternatives to ensure members receive timely service. May consult with leadership on exceptions to normal policies and procedures before making decisions.
- Responsible for recruiting, training and continuing professional development of mortgage services staff to include coaching and addressing disciplinary issues.
- Complete monthly scorecards, staff performance evaluations, and recommend content for training and development.
- Develop and/or suggest methods and other techniques that will increase leads into applications. May review desktop underwriting (DU) loans.
- Ensure exceptional member service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements and demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics.
- Upon escalation, counsel individual borrowers appropriately, to include, interpreting rates and programs, interfacing with external customers and providing competitive market information.
- Manage workload balancing including approving timecards, overtime, and time off to insure adequate resources are available to achieve results within budget limitations.
- Assist with maintaining PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by PenFed compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Remain current on all mortgage related regulations and changes and keeps section staff informed.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field is preferred or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of work experience in mortgage operations is required.
- Working knowledge of mortgage lending and/or conventional lending and VA lending policies and procedures. Experience managing mortgage operations that involved customer interaction
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required. Attention to detail required.
- MS office general knowledge required
This position will supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-341-6572.