At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good. CoreCivic is currently seeking a Manger, Operations Finance who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in a secure residential setting. Come join a team that is dedicated to making an impact for the people and communities we serve.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is a diversified government solutions company with the scale and experience needed to solve tough government challenges in cost-effective ways. We provide a broad range of solutions to government partners that serve the public good through high-quality corrections and detention management services, effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release, innovative and cost-saving government real estate solutions, and a growing network of residential reentry centers to help address America’s recidivism crisis. Headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, we are the nation's largest owner of partnership correctional, detention and residential reentry facilities and have been a flexible and dependable partner for government for more than 30 years.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- A supportive environment where employment growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Manager, Operations Finance supervises and coordinates all aspects of a medium-large residential center business office within the company's financial and operational goals and objectives. Supports the residential center and Facility Support Center staff in all financial and operational matters related to the activities of the residential center, to include but not limited to, purchasing, billing, warehousing, commissary, computer support and resident accounts. Assists in preparation and review of monthly variance analysis, monthly forecast of revenues and expenses, annual facility budgets, and periodic ad hoc analysis. Supervises and coordinates activities of assigned personnel engaged in calculating, posting and verifying data for use in maintaining accounting, statistical and other records. Implements and monitors internal accounting and operational controls at the residential center.
- Prepares budgets, forecasts, and financial reports for facility management review, using analytical skills to identify trends and efficiency improvement opportunities.
- In conjunction with facility management, establishes, documents and coordinates the implementation of financial, accounting, purchasing, administrative procedures and internal controls which are in keeping with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), company policies, procedures, regulations and contractual requirements.
- Prepares, maintains and issues a variety of records, and reports required by management, regulatory agencies, and contracting agencies. Assists and participates in regulatory agency, contract, and fiscal audits of the facility.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of the terms and conditions of various and/or complex management contract(s).
- Manages the business office and facility fiscal operations, in addition to the facility commissary and warehouse operations. This includes but is not limited to internal controls, physical inventories, pricing policies and contract compliance. May also be assigned other departments such as the mailroom, maintenance and laundry operations.
- Assists with facility start-up/closure(s), problem solving, training of business office staff or other operational needs, as required. May be called upon to assist at other facilities needing additional support or training.
- Participates in or leads peer group discussions with personnel from other facilities, as required.
- Domestic U. S. travel may be required.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Administration, Accounting or other related field is required.
- Five years of increasingly responsible business experience is required.
- Two years of supervisory experience is required.
- Additional qualifying business experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis up to two years.
- No substitution for supervisory experience.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of accounting principles, Microsoft Word, Excel, and the principles and practices of supervision, training, and management.
- Experience with Enterprise software such as Oracle / JD Edwards is preferred.
- A valid driver's license required.
- Minimum Age Requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE – including Disability/Veteran.