What Operations Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Operations Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Operations function
• Manages staff to ensure timely distribution and receipt of product while meeting distribution center standards of budget, policies, procedures, and quality.
• Monitors warehouse productivity, adheres to budget requirements, works towards obtaining distribution center programs and coordinating all necessary repairs.
• Recommends and implements programs, policies, and strategies to increase production and efficient space utilization within the facility.
• Implements and administers all policies and procedures.
• Ensures quality service is provided to the customers, ensures prompt follow-through on customer correspondence related to shipment of merchandise and stock-on-hand.
• Handles general employee inquiries and resolves concerns.
• Responsible for supervisory and employee population development, training, coaching, counseling and performance appraisals.
• Prepares and submits daily and weekly production reports.
• Maintains positive employee relations.
• High school diploma required; degree preferred
• 3-5 years experience
• 3+ supervisory/management skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
We are an HVAC/Air Condition Climate Control Warehouse
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.