NuCO2, the largest, best and only national provider of beverage grade CO2 to the Foodservice and Hospitality Industry is a growth company.
The Operations Manager directs and coordinates activities of operations within an assigned area of the United States to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities, and personnel by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong focus is placed on the ongoing development of the Depot Managers and Supervisors. Must ensure the Depot Managers and Supervisors are aware of future business vision and direction and set expectations to meet Key Performance Indicators for the various goals of each depot in order to accomplish the company's vision and financial growth.
- Manages 3 to 7 subordinate supervisors/managers who supervise a total of 10-50 employees in the Operations Depots. Responsible for overall safety directions, standardization coordination, and daily work of these depots. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Epitomizes Praxair/NuCO2 culture of safety first, Standards of Business Integrity, and following Standard Operating Procedures in all activities and operations; reflected in personal actions and those actions of personnel assigned to area of responsibility.
- Performs or provides guidance to subordinates on: Interviewing, hiring, training, rewarding performance, and counseling of employees.
- Confers and communicates on a regular basis with Vice President of Field Operations, Directors of Operations, District Managers, Engineering & Production, Customer Service Managers, Scheduling Manager, Service Manager, Safety Department, Regional Sales Manager, Human Resources, and Depot Supervisors/Managers to ensure company policies are disseminated and adhered to.
- Reviews and analyzes expenditure, financial, and operations reports to determine need for expansion of existing schedules, resource allocation, process improvements and/or expansion of routes to improve operational efficiency of Region.
- Visits each facility within the area of responsibility as needed and evaluates in the areas of uniformity, safety compliance, condition and cleanliness of facility, operational condition of equipment and inventory levels.
- Develops short range operation plans based on company goals and objectives which include resource requirements, process improvements, safety compliance, efficiency, customer service, and process control with subordinate managers and District Manager.
- Develops short range staffing plans to meet company objectives which includes recruitment, training, and performance reviews. Additionally, plans for response to natural or man-made disasters as needed.
- Enforces compliance with administrative policies, procedures, OSHA safety rules, and DOT governmental regulations.
- Directs investigations into causes of customer or employee complaints, accident/incident reports, and responds accordingly.
- Reviews and signs off direct reports payroll.
- Reviews employees vacation and sick/personal time usage.
- May also act as Depot Manager for home depot.
- Directly manages 3 - 7 depot supervisors or depot managers.
- Adheres to and enforces organization's policies, procedures and Federal/State applicable laws.
- Interviewing, hiring and training employees for departments.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work of subordinates.
- Appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Addressing employees concerns, complaints, and resolving those concerns.
- Experience in facilitating and managing the rapid expansion of operations while maintaining productivity and quality throughout organization.
- Strong management attributes and successful experience with regard to both leadership of people and the ability to define future business vision and direction.
- Extensive operations leadership and management experience including multiple years experience in distribution environment.
- Possesses knowledge of financial metrics and operations-specific budget requirements.
- Very strong problem solving and analytical skills and should be a systematic thinker.
- Proven ability to work with management and staff to execute operation plans within cost, quality and time requirements.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Effectively write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient computer skills. MS office - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate subordinates.
- Experience using UltiPro, Digital Dashboard, E-Pal, Nu Routes, Microsoft Office products, to assist the depot management preferred.
- Experience with hazardous materials and pressurized systems preferred.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Associates Degree is preferred.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
A minimum of three years experience as a supervisor preferred.
This position will interact with all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE ABILITIES:
- Passion for delivering results to customers
- Willingness/enthusiasm for accepting responsibility and accountability; An "ownership mentality"
- Strong work ethic
- Independent worker.
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity.
- Achievement/results driven.
- High-energy individual.
- Ability to foster strong relationships with colleagues/customers.
- Recognized as a source of expertise and possessing a distinct point of view.
- Ability to learn project management skills inherent in activities such as depot relocations.
Frequent travel required (Travel 50%).
Equal Opportunity Employer