What Data Governance contributes to Cardinal Health
Data Governance is responsible for the disciplined execution of governance programs and practices across all data.
- Applies knowledge and ability to define and/or operate against the vision/strategy of data and governance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of data governance modeling, tools, and practices.
- Identifies and manages data quality in alignment with the needs of the business and/or industry.
- Ensures complete protection of data with all policies as it relates to visibility and distribution.
- Identifies and communicates insights and potential upstream/downstream impacts and opportunities to customers, business and/or enterprise leaders.
- Exemplifies effective communication and change management skills to varying audiences.
Accountabilities in this role
- Acts as an influential and trusted leader to drive establishment of a foundation of data to support core operations, analytics, AI and automation
- Drives lean data governance with clear ownership, accountability and performance management to ensure high-quality data across business functions and throughout its systems and operational processes
- Educates business and technical communities on the purpose of data governance and drives acceptance and adoption of data governance practices
- Drives development of common data methodology to ensure better data quality and speed to market
- Leads stakeholder alignment and management across the segment functional areas
- Provides leadership and oversight for the data governance program, managing and guiding a team of product data governance and process improvement resources on priorities and governance best practices
- Develops and manages measures and metrics to track progress on data quality and governance
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in related field preferred
- Knowledge and experience in core data management best practices within the healthcare industry (breadth of knowledge across all 3 domains – product, customer & supplier, with focus on product data)
- Knowledge and understanding of the product buy, make and sell processes; nice to have background in a product company
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Master Data Management (MDM) and Product Information Management (PIM) capabilities and best practices
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance management practices and procedures
- Experience in developing data management rules, standards and business policies
- Experience in stakeholder, organizational and change management
- Knowledge of SAP MDG, SAP ECC and SAP S/4 business process capabilities is a plus
- Leadership and core corporate values
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and achieve results
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization, including senior leadership/management
- Ensure constant and clear communications exist within the team and across functional areas
- Ability to grow and develop talent within the team
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.