Commercial Technologies manages the enterprise's portfolio of commercial technologies to maximize the business value of the technologies and enhance the customer experience. This family creates strategies for the portfolio and innovative solutions based on relationships with business leaders, develops back-end solutions and capabilities, and improves the front-end experience.
Commercial Technology-Engineering is responsible for leading the elicitation of detailed requirements from the Product Owner, other subject matter experts, and key stakeholders to define epics, features and detailed stories that are sufficient to enable efficient and predictable delivery. This team demonstrates expert elicitation practices that drive out details regarding user needs and workflow to enable effective solutions that delight users. This team maintains a strong relationship with the Product Owner, subject matter experts and key stakeholders by leveraging engineering requirements, practices and methods to define solutions to ensure products enable desired value.
- Defines the vision of the product/capability
- Keeps product in line with business goals
- Creates and manages product/capability roadmaps
- Communicates with stakeholders to understand business objectives
- Anticipates stakeholder needs
- Understands and anticipates stakeholder needs to manage the development process
- Has/gains deep knowledge of the domain/business area
- Creates customer journey maps
- Prioritizes needs
- Balances scope, budget, and time to prioritize projects
- Considers needs and objectives of stakeholders
- Manages the Product Backlog
- Oversees the creation of a list of backlog items
- Prioritizes items based on overall strategy
- Maps out dependencies
- Oversees development stages
- Manages team(s) consisting of developers, product systems analysts, testers, and training/support personnel
- Contributes to the planning, execution, and review of each iteration cycle
- Works with team(s) to refine and improve the development process
- Acts as the primary liaison between stakeholders and the team
- Gains stakeholder buy-in
- Delivers clear instructions to team/developers
- Evaluates product/capability progress
- Is accountable for each stage of the development process and final process
- Inspects and evaluates product progress through each iteration
- Determines whether the final product / capability is acceptable
8-12 years of experience
BA, BS or equivalent experience in related field; Advance Degree preferred
What is expected:
Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, front line supervisors and/or business support staff.
Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals. Ensures employees operate within guidelines.
Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes and customer.
Interacts with subordinates, peers, customers, and suppliers at various management levels; may interact with senior management. Interactions normally involve resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects. Gains consensus from various parties involve
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.