What Product Management & Development contributes to Cardinal Health:
Product Management & Development researches, develops, and launches new and enhanced products for the company in alignment with business strategies and customer needs. This role conceptualizes new product and service officers, partners with internal subject matter experts to assess technical feasibility and develops business cases and commercialization plans. The role manages the commercialization of products and services and oversees Sales enablement.
Job Description Summary:
The Manager, Product and Services Development, should possess a strong background in new product or services innovation. This position will be part of the marketing team working with Retail Pharmacies and in your role, you’ll be responsible for having a strong understanding of market trends, help to identify unmet customer needs, and lead the development of product and services innovations. This position shares accountability for business results. Prior experience in retail pharmacy or healthcare is preferred.
- Analyzes market research, trends, projections and innovations to formulate new product concepts and designs.
- Demonstrates the knowledge to define the business dynamics necessary to consider portfolio expansion including market size, barriers to entry, differentiated value, regulatory assessment and existing portfolio alignment.
- Possesses the expertise to establish and/or coordinate a commercialization strategy to include product proforma, branding and sales strategies, communication vehicles, training and pilot site deployment.
- Consults with vendor/supplier partners as required for product development.
- Operationalizes product launch with coordination of broader customer engagement.
- Uses project management skills to manage projects from initiation through closing to successfully meet project objectives.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant business experience preferred (healthcare, marketing, new product development)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with new product/solutions development or Marketing Product Management – strongly preferred
- Project management experience as well as experience leading cross functional teams
- Healthcare / Retail pharmacy experience is preferred
- Experience with market research is preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.