What Sales Training & Effectiveness contributes to Cardinal Health
Sales Training and Effectiveness is responsible for developing, designing and delivering sales training, as well as evaluating the effectiveness of training initiatives. Goal is to improve knowledge and competencies around the execution of segment, business unit and sales team objectives, to improve sales and negotiation skills, sales process/methodology, and sales automation adoption and to increase sales effectiveness and high impact results.
- Demonstrates knowledge of healthcare market, customers and trends.
- Demonstrates strong selling and negotiation skills and knowledge of the sales process.
- Demonstrates knowledge of adult learning concepts and classroom learning techniques.
- Consults with sales leadership on issues, gaps and needs, developing strategic solutions to advance training and development at the sales representative, leadership, national or enterprise level.
- Understands the learning function holistically, beyond sales training expertise. Demonstrates the ability to design, deploy and analyze the sales training evaluation process.
- Conducts routine cadence with respective Division and Channel leaders.
- Consults with front line sales and marketing management, providing learning guidance.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the businesses to develop learning solutions.
- Maintains knowledge of adult learning theory and develops innovative solutions related to strategic initiatives and efforts within the business.
- Acts as the voice of the learner and is strategically involved in planning and resolutions.
- Communicates with the businesses as intake is determined and works with the COE on needs for the business group.
- Identifies business training needs and where applicable individual coaching needs.
- Build and manage strategic training plan based on learning needs analysis.
- Develops content for new hire, ongoing training and Rep certification programs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
The learning business partner (LBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management for designated Divisions, Sales Channels, and Programs. The position serves as a consultant to management on learning-related issues. The successful LBP acts as a voice for the learners and as a change agent.
- Assesses and anticipates learning needs related to business functional training, role-based training, on-boarding, leadership, professional development and systems training
- Communicating business training needs to the L&D COE and larger HR organization, the LBP seeks to develop integrated solutions
- Formulates partnerships with Division, Channel, and Program SMEs and leadership, enabling the learning team to deliver value-added service that aligns with the business objectives of the organization
- May include international support and strategic oversight
- Maintains an effective level of knowledge about the business’s financial position, mid-range plans, culture, major initiatives and competition
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Experience with the Medical Solutions Specialty business preferred
- 5+ years' related experience in Sales, Marketing or Learning & Development
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.