Strategic Sourcing within Nuclear & Precision Health Solutions is responsible for managing a portfolio of diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive enterprise value with innovation, best cost and competitive advantages that benefit customers, suppliers and patients. Develops and executes strategic plans by leveraging market intelligence, industry knowledge and cross-functional collaboration. Competitive advantage is created through supplier selection and management, contract negotiation, supply chain optimization and risk mitigation.
The Manager, Strategic Sourcing Global Products is responsible for managing a portfolio of raw material and finished goods from contracting through production planning and quality release. Development and execution of global sourcing strategies to achieve best total value, sustainable productivity and high levels of quality and service aligned with business objectives. Process development and management in coordination with cross-functional partners to effectively select suppliers, negotiate favorable contracts, and manage supplier performance and relationships. Understand portfolio risk profile and develop mitigation actions and plans.
- Handles the procurement of medical raw materials used at Cardinal Health’s Manufacturing Facilities or Contract Manufacturing Partners.
- Manages the production planning of finished goods and finished goods inventory management to ensure high service levels to the Nuclear & Precision Health Solutions field.
- Executes sourcing strategy with cross functional teams.
- Performs data analysis and utilize financial acumen to identify opportunities to leverage scale and drive cost savings.
- Establishes collaborative environment with key suppliers and business partners to optimize supplier performance and innovation.
- Supports supplier selection and performance management by having familiarity with manufacturing, quality and supply chain processes.
- Collaborates with and influences business partners in quality and scientific affairs in a matrixed environment to optimize key supplier performance and innovation.
- Pushes for annual cost savings through effective strategies and negotiations. Cost savings should meet each year’s business financial needs.
- Develops effective short and long term strategies to include supply chain continuity, risk management, optimizing supplier network and attaining best cost.
- Provides leadership to potential Advisors.
- BA, BS, or equivalent experience in related field; Advanced degree may be required
- 5-7 years of experience in related field. 5-10 years of manufacturing sourcing experience preferred
- Pharmaceutical Sourcing experience preferred
- Strong project and process management in order to execute sourcing strategy with cross functional teams.
- Expertise with contract requirements in order to negotiate critical terms and conditions in line with sourcing strategy
- Familiarity with manufacturing, quality and supply chain processes
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at various levels of expertise on a global landscape.
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of global sourcing concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects.
- Works on medium to large scope sourcing initiatives and projects with varying degrees of complexity.
- Completes work independently and receives general guidance on new projects and initiatives.
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures.
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives.
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.