Function: Global Sourcing -- Global Sourcing is responsible for creating and managing diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive enterprise value with innovation, best cost and competitive advantages that benefit customers, suppliers and patients. Develops and executes strategic plans by leveraging market intelligence, industry knowledge and cross-functional collaboration. Competitive advantage is created through supplier selection and management, contract negotiation, supply chain optimization and risk mitigation.
Family: Strategic Sourcing Indirect -- Strategic Sourcing Indirect is responsible for developing and executing strategy to source indirect goods and services to support our business stakeholders and programs. Perform analysis in order to select supplier and negotiate best value for Cardinal Health. Provide supplier relationship management and contract compliance management, including maximization of financial deliverables and risk mitigation. May work within various procurement systems to execute purchase orders and resolve technical issues as identified.
- This role will have 50% sourcing responsibilities and 50% Procure-to-pay process and program management responsibilities
- Utilize the 7-step sourcing process to source the most appropriate vendor to meet Cardinal Health requirements including diverse vendors where opportunities exist.
- Perform data analysis and utilize financial acumen to identify opportunities to leverage scale and drive cost savings.
- Develop expertise in core categories including product knowledge, industry dynamics and market trends.
- Establish collaborative environment with key suppliers and business partners to manage supplier performance and support long term strategy.
- Develop expertise with contract requirements in order to negotiate the most favorable pricing, contract terms and conditions for Cardinal Health.
- Support business in their procure-to-pay needs
- BA or BS in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent experience in related field
- 5-7 years of experience in related field preferred
- Experience working with Procure-to-Pay systems to streamline purchasing process.
- Experience implementing processes and technology systems in the area of Sourcing and Procurement
- Strong project and process management in order to execute sourcing strategy with cross functional teams and develop processes.
- Must be fluent in Spanish, knowledge of Portuguese a plus
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.