What Strategic Sourcing Indirect contributes to Cardinal Health
Strategic Sourcing Indirect is responsible for developing and executing strategy to source indirect goods and services to support our business stakeholders and programs. Perform analysis in order to select supplier and negotiate best value for Cardinal Health. Provide supplier relationship management and contract compliance management, including maximization of financial deliverables and risk mitigation. May work within various procurement systems to execute purchase orders and resolve technical issues as identified.
- Utilize the 7-step sourcing process to source the most appropriate vendor to meet Cardinal Health requirements including diverse vendors where opportunities exist.
- Perform data analysis and utilize financial acumen to identify opportunities to leverage scale and drive cost savings.
- Develop expertise in core categories including product knowledge, industry dynamics and market trends.
- Establish collaborative environment with key suppliers and business partners to manage supplier performance and support long term strategy.
- Develop expertise with contract requirements in order to negotiate the most favorable pricing, contract terms and conditions for Cardinal Health.
- Strong project and process management in order to execute sourcing strategy with cross functional teams.
- Overall responsibility for sourcing facility operations
- Categories include, facilities management, food service, office furniture, utilities , waste management, global security, construction, facilities capital
- Create annual sourcing plans; develop, plan and execute highly complex and technical sourcing strategies by partnering with the business unit to define desired outcomes, conduct industry analysis, identify strategic cost reduction opportunities, explore alternatives, and assess impact of alternatives.
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with business units to ensure alignment with business unit and sourcing strategy objectives.
- Understand business unit budget for coming year to leverage opportunities
- Consult with stakeholders to create best contractual outcome including strong legal and business terms and meaningful performance indicators and/or service levels.
- Negotiate, finalize and advise on the contract documents
- Develop strong supplier relationships to drive effectiveness and value against the planned strategies; facilitate supplier reviews; generate continuous improvement ideas.
- Facilitate the resolution of contractual or relationship issues as needed.
- Interact with and provide reporting to Senior Leadership
- Lead Numerous Working Teams to complete Request for Proposal’s and complex negotiations
- Facilitate and coordinate activities associated with the execution of the sourcing process including, but not limited to, the preparation and execution of a RFx, recommendations based on supplier responses, project summaries/business case results, supplier communication, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BA, BS, or equivalent experience in related field preferred
- Strategic sourcing and negotiating experience preferred
- Strong business and financial acumen
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.