What Market Research contributes to Cardinal Health
Market Research is responsible for designing, developing, conducting, analyzing, and presenting market research initiatives to drive and support the strategic objectives of the business through review of market conditions, trends, competition, and market share.
- Demonstrates knowledge of marketing strategies and how customized market research can inform such efforts.
- Understands the various different customers the organization serves and how it impacts different segments uniquely.
- Maintains strong research design skills and the ability to generate and test hypotheses.
- Demonstrates knowledge of secondary and primary research methods and knows when and how to apply qualitative and quantitative efforts.
- Leverages strong project management skills.
- Manages third-party and vendor relationships.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates analytical prowess and uses analysis to enable improved decision-making.
The Manager, Strategy & Customer Insights will own the design of the near-term strategic plan for Cardinal Health at-Home, the B2B channel of the Cardinal Health at-Home Solutions division.
Strategic planning will be driven by an acute understanding of market dynamics, customer insights, a deep 360-degree knowledge of the categories we serve, and by Cardinal Health business priorities.
Actively researches market trends, dynamics and happenings to proactively inform business of how external factors may affect our business today and tomorrow
Builds and delivers clear and fluid business strategy and value proposition in condensed and expanded formats, tailored for appropriate delivery to all key stakeholders
Takes insights and opinions from various business functions, works collaboratively to interpret and consolidate various viewpoints into cohesive conclusions
Takes ownership to ensure business activities are on-strategy; makes recommendations for opportunities to shift focus when appropriate
Considers the 360 view of the business and market to ensure decisions are made with regard to how they impact all parts of business operations and financial model
Shows a strong interest in customer insights and how they impact business opportunities
Has consideration for how at-Home Solutions strategic plans fit into the broader enterprise direction; pursues collaboration to ensure efficiency and alignment with other CAH business units
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- Healthcare experience required; HME, DME, Home health and Hospice experience preferred
- 8+ years experience in related field
High degree of comprehension of key dynamics and trends within the broader healthcare market, including and beyond the distribution sector
Understanding of DME and Pharmacy channel reimbursement models
Understanding of key influences on both manufacturing and distribution business models
High degree of financial acumen
Curious, creative and highly energized by opportunities to try new things and think differently
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.