Make an impact with SGS! With more than 89,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
Manager, Third Party Services manages SGS employees in a Third-Party client site laboratory.
Coordinates all efforts involved in the receipt, analysis, documentation, and processing of samples through the laboratory in a timely manner that coincides with expected reporting requirements to meet client expectations.
Is accountable for and ensures that the facility meets operational targets and that customer expectations are met in a timely and effective manner while observing corporate quality, environmental, Health & Safety requirements.
Directly reports to the Onsite Operations Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Oversees the production, distribution, warehousing, and sales in accordance with policies, principles and procedures established by Area Manager/Director and manages SGS personnel at a Third-Party (client) location.
• Serves as a first line interaction with the customer; represents customer in discussions with Operations Manager.
• Determines the priority status of all samples in each day’s lab batch and ensures the expedited processing of samples to meet client’s requirements.
• Serves as a point of contact with industry customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in area.
• Directly manages employees. Has full supervisory responsibility for hiring: interviewing, selection; planning work, scheduling, performance evaluations, performance management, and termination for all employees at the laboratory.
• Performs annual performance evaluations on direct reports, and indirect reports, as applicable.
• Schedules laboratory personnel as needed to ensure that all samples are properly received, identified, prepared, and analyzed in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Language Skills: English – Advanced level of proficiency required
• Mathematical Skills: Basic level of skills required, Advanced preferred
• Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Advanced level required
• Computer Skills: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Intermediate level user proficiency required
• Strong customer service orientation
• Advanced level of verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Basic knowledge and understanding of financial indicators, ability to read PNL
• Ability to translate strategies into operational and tactical goals and track performance
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
• Ability to motivate teams and lead through influence
• Leadership and coaching skills
• Familiarity with equipment used by front line employees; routinely uses sample prep equipment including Jaw Crusher, Bowl & Disc Pulverizing Mills, Pressure Filters, Riffle Splitters, Compressed Air.
• Familiarity with laboratory equipment/instruments including Bottle-top Dispensers, Eppendorf Pipettes, Balances, Muffle Furnace, Sulfur Analyzer, Compressed gases, ICP-OES, and Flame AA.
• Routinely business hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, however longer hours, evening and/or weekend work will be required from time to time.
Education in Science, Engineering or Related field.
2+ years if supervisory experience.
SGS is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for American job openings should be authorized to work in the United States.