Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Manager, Financial Planning and Analytics at our Tysons, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this job is to provide accurate reporting and analysis encompassing large data sets that support PenFed Consumer Banking business unit decisions through monthly financial package and performance reporting. This position will interface regularly with senior management and require presenting at month-end reviews. The incumbent will also dive deep to track various product growth, income and balance sheet categories, provide business insight, performance metrics, and drive financial reporting operational improvement.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage the annual budget, quarterly reforecast, and monthly projection for Consumer Banking business unit for both product growth (origination, balance) and income (revenue, operating expense).
- Leverage fixed/variable operating expense analysis to support the product growth and earning sensitivity analysis, collaborate with the leadership team and cross-functionally provide strategic analysis, insights, reporting and analytics that influence business decision-making.
- Meet with functional heads of business unit to develop analytics for purposes of developing monthly financial packages while ensuring information is complete and accurate, develop and report on financial metrics to bring actionable insight to the management team.
- Enhance monthly reporting and communication of actual vs plan results across the business unit. Develop scalable reporting that can be utilized across the business unit, establish and manage process for streamlining and automating financial reporting.
- Conduct transactional research and deep dive reviews surrounding financial result, distill and synthesize key messages to the management team.
- Provide support for executive ad-hoc requests surrounding financial reporting.
- Work with Product, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Operations, IT, and Vendors to ensure consistent and accurate reporting (fee income, expense, invoice) while minimizing redundancy.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Data Analytics, Engineering or a related field is required. Master’s Degree in a quantitative or relative field, or MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in financial industry with FP&A and financial reporting role including but not limited to budget, financial analysis, profitability analytics, and growth sensitivity study within a financial services environment.
- Experience in banking or a credit union operation that provides in-depth knowledge of products, services, systems, policies and procedures, is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of direct people management experience is required.
- Power user of Excel, hands-on skills in Tableau, PowerPoint, and proficiency working with large dataset are required.
- Experiences in R/Python and SQL and knowledge of various data analysis software packages and tools (e.g., SAS, Hyperion/QRM, Oracle ERP) is strongly preferred.
- Proven project management and executive presentation skills.
This position will directly supervise employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds. *
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.