Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employ over 23,500 people and have global sales exceeding US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit www.ardaghgroup.com
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
- Establish good operating principles within assigned furnace.
- Advise necessary personnel immediately of any problems with mould equipment or machine variables.
- Swab cycles on all machines on assigned tank.
- Establish what special coating will be used how it is to be applied and how often the equipment will be changed.
- Maintain production standards at the highest level of quality by ensuring appropriate forehearth temps job setups and/or job changes.
- Direct advise and train employees in the Forming Department including how to identify and correct defects.
- Assist with implementation of continuous improvement processes through problem solving planning and corrective actions.
- Manage the maintenance of IS machine ensuring machine setups are acceptable and maintained.
- Establish good forehearth curves and operations on all shops monitored.
- Maintain a daily line of communication with management and make sure job changes are up to standard before leaving each day.
- Must ensure that all personnel under supervision practice good safe working habits.
- Check and record final blow pressure press pressure main wind pressure and trip air pressure for valve.
- Must be willing and able to work rotating swing shifts.
- Comply with Environmental and Food Safety standards as set forth in plant policies programs within Department responsibilities.
Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of an Associate's Degree in technical related field or a High School Diploma with five 5 years engineering or forming experience and at least two 2 years of prior management experience. Must have strong communication skills with good team dynamics and possess strong planning and organizational skills. Must be computer literate in Microsoft applications such as Excel and Word.
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.