What Strategic Pricing, Specialty Pharmaceutical Distribution, contributes to Cardinal Health
The Manager of Strategic Pricing, Specialty Pharmaceutical Distribution (SPD), is responsible for developing, communicating and leading the pricing strategies to monetize value across the segment for Cardinal Health. This individual will ultimately identify revenue and product expansion opportunities, ensure customer profitability, and drive value-capture of solutions at both the strategic and tactical levels. This individual also serves as an effective liaison with senior executive management, marketing, legal, finance, sales, and IT.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop new pricing strategies through value and market analysis, as well as partnership with our Sales organization
- Engage with SPD Deal Management to ensure optimal price management for each customer engagement/negotiation
- Provide leadership and oversight on the monetization process for SPD, including engagement on tools and capabilities to drive price optimization
- Provide guidance to SPD Finance on price exceptions through Generics pricing and strategies
- Develop key Pricing approaches for both SPD Physician Office and SPD Acute
- Leads execution of pricing strategies in partnership with partners and leaders in the SPD segment
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Drive transformational, value-centric thinking in partnership with leaders of the business; recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Ability to drive partnership with sales executives
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with pricing processes, systems, and controls and implements as necessary.
- Prepares, manipulates and extracts data and information from multiple internal and external sources and leverages to develop and execute pricing strategies
- Demonstrates knowledge of customer deal economics, financial modeling techniques, and related pricing strategies.
- Works effectively across functions such as IT, Marketing and Finance to design and implement new or enhancements to existing processes, systems, and tools.
- Communicates effectively across the organization regarding profitization opportunities and key pricing insights.
- Develops, communicates and monitors price recommendations and guardrails for deals and products by performing basic pricing analysis or leveraging and synthesizing advanced analytics of internal and external intelligence.
- Develops, implements and maintains pricing programs designed to enhance pricing margin.
Accountabilities in this role
- Collaborates with Specialty Field Sales, Finance, and others to develop and execute pricing strategies from concept to implementation
- Provides Specialty Field Sales and Finance pricing guidance and performs ad-hoc pricing analysis support
- Owns and facilitates the Specialty Pricing Committee meetings
- Product owner of the deal modeling tool used in the business with responsibilities that include run/support and enhancement activities
- Manages the collection of the information from various sources for monthly reporting on key performance metrics, pricing and market trends
- Facilitates a continuous communication loop with business partners regarding process changes, enhancements, and metrics
- Leads training activities for business partners centered around pricing and profitability
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years experience in related field
- Strong communication and analytical skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.