Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
The role reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and located in Greenville, South Carolina.
- This engineering position is directly responsible to support product production in the plant.
- Must be able to analyze, measure, and evaluate processes, methods and material utilization.
- Design and recommend improvements to manufacturing processes, workflow, material handling, workplace design and safety.
- Design tooling and fixtures to support and improve current and new processes.
- Initiate engineering change to correct defects and improve quality.
- Lead activities to reduce set up and product cost reduction efforts.
- Provide engineering support to the manufacturing efforts.
- Basic Qualifications:
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or similar degree to be completed by May 2021.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and AutoCAD.
- Lean Manufacturing and ergonomics are key knowledge areas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management and problem identification /solving skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Able to present ideas in an organized and persuasive form, both oral and written.
- Be a team player and work well with others, including external suppliers, etc.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.