To work in an advisory capacity to manufacturing, engineering, and/or purchasing departments using knowledge of methods and materials in specialized field or general manufacturing in order to optimize cost and quality.
Role & Responsibility
- Assist engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing personnel in problem solving activities related to an assigned area for product support. Review preliminary engineering design for the purpose of estimating tool and manufacturing cost. Recommend design changes to maximize economical manufacture. Prepare evaluations of, and justification for, the procurement of new machines and equipment. Select and order equipment, oversee its installation and help train employees in the proper use of the equipment.
- Analyze and evaluate factory manufacturing processes, systems, equipment, and materials in terms of their associated cost, time, ergonomic, quality, and quantity factors. Recommend changes, prepare capital justifications and coordinate in the design and development of new manufacturing processes, systems, equipment, and materials to more effectively contribute to the division's short and long term economic objectives (QCI participation). Write and distribute manufacturing changes and associated operating work instructions to all affected personnel on the shop floor as well as training operators on the product and process changes. Lead and participate in kaizen events for continuous improvement projects focused on safety, quality, delivery, and cost. Analysis of time and motion analysis, methods, estimating, process engineering and plant layout for assigned area to ensure balanced methods and available capacity to meet customer demand.
- Bachelor's degree in a Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Engineering related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Product knowledge is an added benefit.
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred with Green Belt or Black Belt training or certification.
- Experience: 2>5 years
- Travel: Less than 10%.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.