Barnes Aerospace, Ogden Division has an exciting career opportunity in its organization. We are seeking a dynamic individual to play an integral role in driving and supporting our business goals and objectives for profitable, sustainable growth. The Manufacturing Engineer will provide process engineering service and technical support to the shop floor for new and existing products to be manufactured by the division. If you are a talented and self-motivated individual that enjoys a fast-paced environment, please submit your name for further consideration. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Oversee the application of engineering support activities in the preparation for production of customer parts
- Plan, organize and direct the activities of the internal/external services and design activities as required to meet timelines and budget constraints
- Establish and implements process controls
- Ensure all manufacturing processes(i.e. welding, heat treat, braze, vacuum furnace, NDT, laser, EDM, etc.) and tooling conform to customer, organizational, and governmental regulations
- Ensure that all manufacturing processes produce the highest quality and most cost-effective parts
- Investigate, analyze and provide solutions to problems for processes and product non-conformance.
- Develop statistical systems, such as trend analysis, to analyze data and specifications to control and continually improve products and processes.
- Assist in responding to customer Request for Quotes (RFQ’s)
- Work concurrently with sales, manufacturing, and quality to assist with technical needs
- Develop new processes and revise existing processes to facilitate the improvement of production effectiveness
- Support company policy, procedures, and safety policies
- Work with Engineering Manager on implementation of new/revised policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum three (3) years of aerospace industry experience preferred with process engineering experience in basic manufacturing operations, machining, forming, welding, brazing and/or heat treat
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Proven track record of scheduling and organizational skills in order to complete assigned functions
- Proficient at reading, analyzing and interpreting customer drawings, specifications, procedures and standards
- Proficient with computer systems and basic software; experience with CAD
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access required
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, including internal and external
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and manage established deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering discipline
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)