- Oversee the application of engineering support activities in the preparation for production of customer parts and assemblies.
- Plan, organize and direct the activities of the internal/external services and design activities as required to meet timelines and budget constraints
- Ensure all manufacturing processes (i.e. welding, heat treat, braze, vacuum furnace, NDT, laser, EDM, etc.) and tooling conform to customer, organizational, and governmental regulations
- Establish and implements process controls
- Ensure that all manufacturing processes produce the highest quality and most cost-effective parts
- Investigate, analyze and provide solutions to problems for processes and product non-conformance.
- Develop statistical systems, such as trend analysis/SPC, to analyze data and specifications to control and continually improve products and processes.
- Assist in responding to customer Request for Quotes (RFQ’s)
- Work concurrently with sales, manufacturing, and quality to assist with technical needs
- Develop new processes and revise existing processes to facilitate the improvement of production effectiveness
- Support company policy, procedures, and safety policies
- Work with Engineering Manager on implementation of new/revised policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3 years of manufacturing engineering experience required, with a preference in basic manufacturing operations, machining, forming, welding, brazing and/or heat treat.
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the aerospace industry preferred.
- Sheet metal forming experience with titanium, nickel and superalloys, both hot and cold, would be a plus.
- Experience outlining manufacturing processes for parts and assemblies and providing work instruction to manufacturing.
- Lean manufacturing experience required.
- Proven track record of scheduling and organizational skills in order to complete assigned functions.
- Proficient at reading, analyzing and interpreting customer drawings, specifications, procedures, and standards
- Proficient with computer systems and basic software and Microsoft Office; experience with CAD.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, including internal and external.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and manage established deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering discipline