Barnes Aerospace Phoenix, AZ Division has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer. We are looking for a self-starting, self-motivated candidate who can help drive process improvements and productivity on the shop floor. If you are an action-oriented individual who thrives in a fast paced environment, please submit your name and credentials for further consideration.
- Design and develop processes and methods for major Engineering projects to ensure that products and services provided meet all contractual, program, design and quality requirements.
- Analyze, organize and define production methods and processes required to manufacture products with complex design, utilizing established standards and acceptable variations.
- Prepare method instructions (Operation Sketch Sheets) to include setup procedure, tool lists, operation sequence, time standards, process routings, and other pertinent data to ensure that parts meet design intent and customer requirements. Update documents as necessary.
- Assist in responding to customer Request for Quotes (RFQ’s).
- Partners with Engineering & Quality Manager to provide engineering support for any NPI (New Product Introduction) processes. Participates in the review of the design, manufacturing and test documentation to ensure that applicable contract, program, design and quality requirements are met.
- Assists in the design, Engineering analysis, and interpretation of customer requirements and specifications.
- Responsible for creating and trouble-shooting CNC Programming for manufacturing processes (CNC Mill, CNC Lathe, CNC Grinder, EDMs-…) which require accurate estimates of machine speeds and feeds.
- Works from part and product drawings, manufacturing schedules etc.
- 10+ years’ technical experience in the aerospace manufacturing industry, with at least 5 of those years in an Engineering role.
- Experience in advanced manufacturing operations and machining techniques: Lathe, 5-Axis Mill, Grind, etc.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing methodology (6-sigma, 6-S, Continuous Improvement)
- Proficient at reading, analyzing, and interpreting customer drawings, specifications, procedures, and standards.
- Proficient with computer systems and basic software.
- Experience with CAD/CAM; Siemens NX Unigraphics preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)