To work in an advisory capacity to manufacturing, engineering, and/or purchasing departments using knowledge of methods and materials in specialized field or general manufacturing in order to optimize cost and quality.
Key Words: Lean Six Sigma / DMAIC / Kaizen / Continuous Improvement / Project Management / Statistical Analysis / Minitab Software
- Analyze and evaluate factory manufacturing processes, systems, equipment, and materials in terms of their associated cost, time, ergonomic, quality, and quantity factors.
- Recommend changes, prepare capital justifications and coordinate in the design and development of new manufacturing processes, systems, equipment, and materials to more effectively contribute to the division's short and long term economic objectives (QCI participation).
- Write and distribute manufacturing changes and associated operating work instructions to all affected personnel on the shop floor as well as training operators on the product and process changes.
- Lead and participate in kaizen events for continuous improvement projects focused on safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Analysis of time and motion analysis, methods, estimating, process engineering and plant layout for assigned area to ensure balanced methods and available capacity to meet customer demand
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Cost optimization, increased quality and Safety Index Rate.
- Assist engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing personnel in problem solving activities related to assigned area for product support.
- Review preliminary engineering design for estimating tool and manufacturing cost. Recommend design changes to maximize economical manufacture.
- Prepare evaluations of, and justification for, the procurement of new machines and equipment. Select and order equipment, oversee its installation and help train employees in the proper use of the equipment.
- KPIs: Economical manufacture
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Engineering related field.
- Product knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred with Green Belt or Black Belt training or certification.
- Less than 10% travel
- Global Breadth- North America
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
We recently learned that unauthorized individuals and/or groups are communicating false offers of employment with Bobcat Co. (“Bobcat”) via email. The communications include the Bobcat logo and may appear legitimate. However, they are fraudulent and are not sent from anyone affiliated with Bobcat.
Please note that Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, and Doosan Portable Power DO NOT charge a fee, request payment, or request personal banking information at any point in the recruitment process. We DO NOT send unsolicited emails requesting personal data from potential employees. If you receive a job offer that appears fraudulent, please notify our talent acquisition team and consider contacting your local law enforcement office.
Any legitimate job offer from Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, or Doosan Portable Power will be preceded by an official selection process.