Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will drive improvements in production of services such as production, overhaul, repair, test, and quality in Electrification Smart Power in US.
Reporting to the Production Development Manager, will be responsible to manage all activities tied to a Lean production Facility. Use computers and selected programs for such matters as preparing reports and conducting analyses. This position will interact with all functional areas.
- Define the working phase sequence of a new production or established process in order to achieve the targeted product cost and equipment investment budget
- Ensure appropriate production methods, cycle-time, equipment performance, and materials/components in support of production targets. Communicate the Team’s Lean philosophy, vision and expectations
- Develop and sustain employees training and development on lean concepts
- Identify and recommend improvement opportunities and implement improvement projects, ensuring adherence to timeframe, quality and cost requirements
- Ensure the production process complies with the project targets. Approve the design for processes developed internally or externally and performs final tests with respect to the project
- Provides support to Production during the internal/external process/equipment start-up, defining action plans and training relevant maintenance and production resources
- Evaluate new process technologies to improve productivity, quality and cost reduction, defining and leading testing activities, approval criteria and external provider choices
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related field and up to 2 years of experience OR alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with products and solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent products and solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.