Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will drive improvements in production of NEMA Motors in Motion in Flowery Branch, Georgia.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, you will Reduce standard and operating costs by implementing new cutting tool technologies. This will include tooling management, tool consolidation, cycle time reduction, fixture and/or work holding design, new product development and expense budget accountability.
- Project management, automation systems analysis and manufacturing automation systems hardware
- Develops application software for new projects involving manufacturing equipment, computers, PLC’s, and Allen Bradley Logix controllers
- Recommends hardware and software for automation systems as well as supports legacy projects
- Provides engineering support for electrical winding processes in production and to other functional areas in all manufacturing efforts as needed
- Analyzes, measures, and evaluates processes, methods and material utilization related to AC and DC motor winding and assembly
- Reduces cycle time through fixture and/or work holding design and new product development processes
- All phases of project management, including project justification, fixture design and new product development
- Project accountability will include cost savings estimates for justification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience metal machining
- Familiarity with various machine tool controls and the ability to edit apt CNC programs
- Understand how to manipulate tooling and ability to program machine tools using APT (Automatic Programming Tool)
- Tool design in solid works and AutoCAD
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB’s NEMA Motors Division markets, designs and manufactures the market-leading Baldor-Reliance® brand of industrial motors. As the #1 global manufacturer of NEMA motors, our quality products are designed to reliably and efficiently meet the challenges our customers face. Our business is investing in technology, tools, people and processes to ensure our general purpose and application-specific solutions perform as expected, every time.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.