Supports the sustaining manufacturing engineering function through formulating, administering and coordinating manufacturing engineering policies, practices and programs designed to increase plant productivity and reduce costs through improved production methods and optimum utilization of equipment, manpower and materials.
Role & Responsibility
- Manufacturing Engineering process improvement
- Plan, organize, and assign departmental workload to maximize efficiency of personnel and direct the implementation and maintenance of labor standards.
- Plan and direct specific production studies to insure full utilization of division facilities and equipment, improve flow of materials and paperwork, conserve material and labor and improve operations control.
- Conduct and analyze studies, make recommendations for improvement and provide service in implementation of approved changes.
- Coordinate departmental activities closely with Manufacturing Support Services Manager in design and implementation of plant layout, tool, machine, equipment and process changes.
- Plan and/or assist in development of cost control system.
- Continuously improve services to the Division by implementing new, or revising present, industrial engineering techniques, practices or systems.
- Team Development-Prepare and maintain job descriptions on all direct and indirect hourly employees including review of all new or changed jobs.
- Direct selection, training, compensation, discipline and development of departmental personnel.
- Departmental Planning & Coordination-Prepare department budget, submit for approval.
- Regularly review expenditures for conformance to approved budget.
- Coordinate department activities closely with Tooling Manager in implementation of ECN's, new processes and methods.
- Work with production departments and Production Control in an application of standards to shop loading.
- Work with Maintenance Manager to create facility alignment of resources.
- Direct and process of engineering releases, deviations and change notices pertaining to manufactured, purchased and interplant parts.
- Plan and/or assist in the development of capital equipment justifications implementing approved expenditures.
- Blue Prints.
- Hydraulic & Pneumatic.
- Electrical Basics.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Ability to follow written instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, develop and coach.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience Required: 7>10 years
- Travel Required: <10%
Areas of Focus
- Ability to work at all levels with in Bobcat Operations.
- Use of complex LSS tools and strong process orientation. Ability to apply strategic decisions into complex product configuration decision.
- Must have the ability to parallel process short term execution plans and long term strategic initiatives.
Doosan Bobcat North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas, nor provide any OPT, CPT or other immigration support, for this position.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.