Barnes Aerospace Lansing Division has an exciting career opportunity for a dynamic goal-oriented individual to play an integral role in manufacturing operations. The right candidate should be self-driven and have a demonstrated ability of leading his/her team to meet the daily quality and productivity goals, while maintaining a central focus on continuous improvements. If you are a high-energy individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, this position may be of interest to you.
- Drives effective employee relations, provides coaching and development to assigned team members.
- Responsible for the supervision of assigned team members and ensures compliance with all quality standards, customer specifications, and company policies.
- Balance safety, quality, cost, productivity and morale to achieve a world class manufacturing environment.
- Understand and manage the department/cell resources and production schedule to meet customer requirements.
- Promote, engage in, and sustain a culture of Operational Excellence – including application of lean manufacturing tools, systems and Gemba.
- Sound understanding of Division and departmental financials, product cost, and ability to obtain financial data and apply it to margin improvement.
- Administers the personnel functions for the department. Interviewing and selection of personnel, performance evaluations, and disciplinary action. Focus on UTL and Employee development.
- Responsible for all processes, equipment, employees, safety and housekeeping.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
- Active root-cause analysis and problem solving through coordination with other departments and/or functions for resolution.
- Ensures that established policies, rules and regulations and procedures are followed.
- Coordinates production efforts with supervisors on other shifts.
- Ensures that all equipment is operational and maintained per specifications including responsibility for preventative maintenance schedule.
- Minimum of five years working in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively instructions, concepts and direction to production workers and management.
- Ability to follow complex instructions and/or directions. Will require ability to decide on a course or sequence of action.
- High degree of integrity and ethical behavior is essential.
- Attention to detail and analytical approach is necessary, as well as demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to present information effectively in group and one on one settings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Ability to obtain and understand data from the Syteline MRP System.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative approach.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management, Business, Logistics, or pursuing with a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in manufacturing environment or equivalent education/experience.