- Complete contract review for incoming purchase orders.
- Design manufacturing routings from detailed and complex print specifications.
- Utilize ERP software system to create routings and bills of material.
- Partner with the manufacturing group to route the part to the appropriate equipment and special process vendors to meet customer requirements.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Strong technical reading/writing skills for analysis of government, special order, military and defense contracts.
- Updates Quotes for repeat orders for products and/or designs from customers to grow business strategically.
- Assists all other departments in interpretations of design specifications, quality and customer requirements.
- Work with the manufacturing area to define production routings, refine routing updates discovered during manufacturing or revise for quality or manufacturability improvements.
- Investigate and implement process improvements for manufacturing processes.
- Assists with root cause analysis, corrective action and internal audits.
- Participate in lean activities, which relate to new product development, quoting, and product refinement process maps.
- Perform all other related engineering duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years Product/Process Engineering experience
- Detail oriented
- Product and production-focused, hands-on problem solver
- Must be able to interact with customers to review and request clarification on detailed specifications
- Must be able to interact with supplier to define special processes, receive quotes and drive lead times.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills, must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment as well as be an individual contributor
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident card holder
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Systems/Industrial Engineering or a related engineering discipline with up to three (3) years of practical experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma environment a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of spring design, manufacturing processes, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, complex problem solving and familiarity with AS9100 regulatory requirements within aerospace industry is preferred.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)