What Market Research contributes to Cardinal Health
Market Research is responsible for designing, developing, conducting, analyzing, and presenting market research initiatives to drive and support the strategic objectives of the business through review of market conditions, trends, competition, and market share.
- Demonstrates knowledge of marketing strategies and how customized market research can inform such efforts.
- Understands the various different customers the organization serves and how it impacts different segments uniquely.
- Maintains strong research design skills and the ability to generate and test hypotheses.
- Demonstrates knowledge of secondary and primary research methods and knows when and how to apply qualitative and quantitative efforts.
- Leverages strong project management skills.
- Manages third-party and vendor relationships.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates analytical prowess and uses analysis to enable improved decision-making.
Cardinal Health at-Home Solutions, whose ultimate parent company is Cardinal Health, is a market-leading medical supplies provider, with complementary segments, serving people with conditions in the United States. The company services 3 million customers per year through two distinct businesses: Edgepark and Cardinal Health at-Home. The Market Intelligence Manager works across both channels to identify meaningful patterns, trends, and insights within healthcare data to facilitate an understanding of our marketplace and our business and what we are capable of executing.
Actively seeks out and pursues collection of market data from internal and external resources as relevant to business objectives
Analyzes complex data sets to identify trends, draw conclusions and make recommendations as pertinent to overall business strategy for both Edgepark and at-Home business units
Translates data and insights into various presentable formats as appropriate for audience members
Pulls and analyzes internal data sets to compare actual performance against market benchmarks
Takes market intelligence, synthesizes the data and uses information to drive business strategy.
Provides thought leadership to the organization based on data recommendations and revelations
Uses data to identify the financial impact of initiatives, executes cost-benefit analysis and helps formulate a business case
Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field
Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint and other platforms
Advanced skills in Tableau and Alteryx
Advanced experience analyzing and presenting data and insights
Strong communication and presentation ability; take information and tell a story
High degree of financial acumen
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.