Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you’re likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It’s dramatic. It’s positive. And it’s being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our existing and new customers.
As a Market Lead, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of multiple UHC Medicare stores within a specific market, located in one of our partner pharmacy retail locations. This role will offer storefront customer service to members as well as provide support to team members by serving as a resource or subject matter expert. Both of these are opportunities for you to identify and exceed our customer expectations by committing to and building strong relationships internally and externally. At the end, you’ll know you performed with integrity and delivered the best customer service experience making all your customers and team members feel better because they talked to you.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week) with our site Hours of Operation from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday - Saturday. We do require our employees to be flexible enough to work any shift, any day of the week during those hours.
This role will be located approximately 60%+ of the time at our storefront and 40% working at home. Flexibility to work at either location according to business needs is required. Employees must meet the work at home / telecommute requirements to be eligible for this role*.
- Responsible for the success of 3 stores within their market
- Provide assistance to support learning objectives such as improving the proficiency and knowledge of systems and procedures for newly trained advocates at various Walgreen sites within a market.
- Provide guidance to reference tools (mySME Job Aids/MIIM), reference items such as Tips of the Day, to assist advocate in properly addressing member issues
- Share best practices (anecdotal stories, best practices, tips and/or “tricks-of-the-trade”)
- Coordinate with pharmacy staff, sales agents, and HouseCalls practitioners to deliver a distinctive experience in the UHC Medicare stores
- Offer excellent service to members by owning problem through to resolution on behalf of the member in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member
- Effectively refers and enrolls members to appropriate internal specialists and programs, based on member’s needs and eligibility
- Respond to and resolve requests on the first interaction, handle customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the member needs such as; benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts, and correspondence.
- Assist with member walk - ins at the assigned store location
- Assist both walk – ins and callers by identifying the type of assistance the customer needs (i.e. benefit and eligibility, billing and payments, authorizations for treatment and explanation of benefits (EOBs)
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Intervene with care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance when needed
- Assist customers in navigating UnitedHealth Group websites and encourage and reassure them to become self - sufficient
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve customer issues and / or partner with others to resolve escalated issues
- Provide education and status on previously submitted pre - authorizations or pre - determination requests
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, customer satisfaction, quality, provider satisfaction, first call resolution, attendance, and assist members in appointment scheduling to proactively address gaps in care
- Ability to overcome objections and persuade members to take action / change behavior
- Maximizes use of community services, support programs, and resources available to
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience OR 2+ years of experience in an retail setting, call center setting, or phone support role
- Experience with computer and Windows PC applications
- Ability to successfully complete the Customer Service training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
- Ability to work shift during the hours of operation 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday – Saturday, including the training period where lunches and breaks are scheduled, and work overtime and weekends as needed
Work at Home / Telecommute Requirements:
- Must reside within 25 miles of Phoenix with the ability to attend the onsite 5 week training at our retail store
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in Healthcare
- Experience working with Medicare is preferred
- 3+ years of Customer Service experience OR 3+ years of experience in an retail setting, call center setting, or phone support role
- Ability to show compassion and be empathetic
- Ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to multi - task duties as well as the ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in healthcare. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well - being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our Healthcare system. Ready? It's time to do your life’s best work.SM