What Data Analytics contributes to Cardinal Health
The market & data analyst will be responsible for retrieving and gathering data, organizing it, and creating insights used to help reach meaningful decisions. He or she will be able to analyze quantitative data, qualitative data, trends, strategies, and competition from different sources and develop reports to share and present to senior leadership.
Areas of focus & support include: strategy development support, monitoring market & product trends, assessing customer needs & preferences, and new launch support.
Data Analytics is responsible for understanding, preparing, processing, and analyzing data to make the data valuable and useful for operational and/or decision-making purposes. Data Analytics may need to team with either Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, and Data Governance positions to create highly useful information.
- Understand business objectives and determine data assets and collection methods needed.
- Collect data on customers, competitors, and markets and consolidate into actionable insights, reports, and presentations.
- Analyze both quantitative and qualitative data, interpret the data collected, and organize this information into statistical tables and reports.
- Present findings to executives through charts, graphs, and other visual means to help them make better-informed decisions about strategies, changes to business models, and product & market introductions.
- Create visuals of industry trends and competitors to help predict how products and services will perform in the marketplace.
- Produce and maintain reports providing management insights about new trends on the horizon as well as areas of potential improvement (data analysis and narrative). Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations
- Develop processes for collecting data and compiling findings into reports that are published monthly, quarterly, and annually. Establish baselines and monitor trends that can be used to make recommendations.
- Build relationships across departments and business units to facilitate collaboration.
- Develop and deliver training as necessary.
- Collaborate with BI&A developers to streamline data collection and create automated tools and reporting to monitor key areas of the business and trends.
- Establish relationships with third-party data providers to understand their data sets and leverage their offerings.
- Develop deep business acumen in markets and customer segments.
- Uses knowledge of business objectives, strategies, and needs to identify opportunities where data can be leveraged to achieve the desired business benefits.
- Has an understanding of current data context, processes and availability, and how current data processes and existing data can be leveraged to achieve the desired benefits.
- Prepares and analyzes data. This can include: locating, profiling, cleansing, extracting, mapping, importing, transforming, validating or modeling.
- Applies query, data exploration and transformation, basic statistical methods, and visualization techniques to create business insights or improve data quality.
- Performs validation and testing to confirm the accuracy of the information created.
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and, issues, and develops recommendations to support business objectives.
- Communicates complex information so that it is easy to understand and influences others to take action based on the useful information provided.
- Implements and maintains decision support or master data management solutions.
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in related field preferred
- Hands-on analytical tool skills preferred
- Proven market research and analysis experience
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and other data collection and analysis tools
- Search engines, web analytics, and business research tools acumen
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- BS degree in Statistics, Marketing, Market Research, Communications or related field
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.