Connell Brothers Co. (CBC) is seeking an experienced Marketing & Communications professional with excellent writing skills. Someone ready to hit the ground running with confidence and a keen ability to listen and respond appropriately. Our team is a highly collaborative one that thrives on the ability to offer strong support to the organization. We are looking for someone with three to five years' experience and (preferably) a degree in English, Journalism, or associated specialty.
Connell Brothers Company (CBC), a division of Wilbur-Ellis Company, is among the largest and most highly respected international marketers and distributors of industrial chemicals, minerals and food ingredients in the Pacific Rim. With a keen focus on customer support and quality control, we supply specialty chemicals, agricultural and engineering products, and ingredients for food and consumer products. CBC provides complete supply chain management from transportation and documentation to warehousing, sales and distribution through locations strategically located throughout Asia.
Connell Brothers Co. (CBC) is the largest marketer and distributor of specialty chemicals and ingredients in the Asia-Pacific region, with over 100 years of industry experience. In our extensive network across 48 locations in 18 countries, big-business resources meets small business agility. With our intimate market knowledge and our creative approach, CBC provides our business partners with unlimited opportunities to grow their businesses.
CBC provides its customers with the highest caliber technical expertise and the most extensive network in Asia. The company’s technical staff offer not only practical expertise but also international business experience and strong knowledge of local markets and cultures. Acting as a single point of contact for sourcing and supplying products, CBC provides complete supply chain management from transportation, documentation, warehousing, and sales and distribution through its multiple locations.
Our main markets are in Life Sciences for Food and Nutrition, Personal and Home Care, Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Products. Industrial Solutions covers specialty markets for Coatings, Construction, Adhesives and Sealants, Inks, Plastics, Rubber, Lubricants and Enzyme Solutions.
CBC is headquartered in San Francisco, is a division of Wilbur-Ellis Company. Wilbur-Ellis, is a leading US privately-held, family-run international distribution business with sales of $4 billion. For more information about our company, please visit our website www.connellbrothers.com
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Our company is in need of a talented marketing and communications manager to create compelling blog posts, presentations, product descriptions, customer-focused communications, social media content and web copy. We are looking for someone who will help us expand our digital footprint and drive more value through online content. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of producing pieces that increase employee engagement, attract customers and may drive sales leads. This position requires someone who enjoys working with people whose first language may not be English who can help them communicate their ideas and ideals.
We seek someone who can bring together creativity and technology to communicate our message and brand. This position will be intensely interesting to an individual who loves working in an international environment with a diverse array of colleagues from all over Asia Pacific and communicating the objectives and activities of our far-flung organization.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Write content on behalf of the business including monthly executive letters, quarterly internal newsletters, press releases and other ad hoc announcements
- Build internal community based on company culture through internal social media (e.g. Yammer, SharePoint), newsletters, email, corporate announcements, and other programs and platforms
- Serve as the primary lead on creating and implementing social media strategy and execution, including maintaining corporate website and social media pages and ensuring messaging reflects company goals, objectives and brand
- Develop, write, and/or edit internal and external communications materials including advertisements, brochures, trade show booth materials, marketing materials, presentations, etc.
- Manage brand standards to ensure all content and communication is in line, including developing consistent branding templates and tools
- Identify audience interests, gaps in content and generate ideas for new content
- Collaborate with other departments, especially the Connell Marketing Department (based in Thailand) to create innovative content ideas
- Plan and manage events (ELeaders, Guru Days) including venue selection, content coordination and materials preparation
- Develop high-quality presentation materials for presentations by president and others that reflect branding and positioning
- Edit content produced by other members of the company including content written by people whose first language is not English
- Use search engine optimization best practices to generate traffic and views
- Act as liaison to our advertising agency and communicate vision, features and benefits
- Work with and coordinate with Wilbur-Ellis (parent company) communications director to ensure consistency of message and communications
- Manage the corporate communications budget
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Ability to promote a positive image of the company and reinforce the culture/values and ensure consistency in overall company brand standards
- Ability to work comfortably with a diverse range of individuals from different cultures and approaches in different Asia Pacific locations
- Ability to build relationships with senior leaders to identify and develop strategic alliances, gain buy-in and ensure execution of key deliverables
- Excellent writing skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to work with ambiguous issues to create clear and concise messaging and plans
- Possess excellent grammar and writing skills
- Solid organizational skills with strong project management and ability to meet deadlines with multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Easily work with all levels of employees
- Highly organized: able to consistently plan and anticipate deadlines
- Willing to seek input and remain adaptable and flexible
- Creative thinker
- Consistent focus, high energy and enthusiasm
- Have experience working in a larger organization
- Demonstrate confidence
Key Skills & Abilities Include:
- 3+ years’ experience serving as a corporate communications lead including supporting all levels of an organization, ideally with a mix of in-house and agency experience
- Strong skill utilizing standard software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat etc. Web publishing background a plus. Knowledge using LinkedIn, Quora and other B-to-B platforms an advantage
- Outstanding writing skills. The successful candidate will provide examples of writing ability and complete a writing exercise as part of the interview process
- Impeccable knowledge of English
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or related field
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including search engine optimization (SEO), email marketing and web analytics
- Chemical industry experience
- International experience
- Willingness to travel up to 20+% of the time.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings
- Relocation reimbursement is not included
If you are an internal Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your manager prior to applying for any position. Thank you!
COMPANY CULTURE - (CBC is a division of Wilbur-Ellis Company)
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.