The Marketing Communications Manager for the Heavy Equipment business is responsible for leading their team to use key market knowledge to execute communication and promotional tactics, allowing our customers to identify and differentiate product and channel advantages over the competition.
This position has overall responsibility for marketing budgets; will lead multiple agency staff in the development and execution of their annual marketing strategy; and will partner with marketing, sales, aftermarket and other business functions to lead strategic marketing efforts in their respective areas.
The position manages the development and delivery of dealer marketing tools to the North American dealer networks; ensures successful marketing performance of dealers in company and dealer initiated marketing efforts; maximizes a co-op advertising and dealer marketing budget; and partners with marketing, sales, aftermarket and other business functions to lead strategic dealer marketing efforts in their respective areas.
The position identifies new online marketing opportunities and executes eMarketing strategies via the company websites, dealer website program and other online marketing tactics.
Public Website Project Management
- Update websites with relevant content.
- Assist in driving implementation of annual website marketing communications plan.
- Lead additional strategic initiatives to improve the company’s eMarketing capability.
Dealer Website Program
- Partner with dealer network to extend online presence.
- Drive adoption of Dealer Website Program & dealer online marketing.
- Enhance the Dealer Website Program.
- Manage relationship with vendor.
- Lead successful development and management of marketing and advertising budgets/projects/process.
- Lead multi-agency teams in development and delivery of dealer marketing tools and processes.
- Lead training and education of agency staff.
- Establish, contract and manage annual agency budgets.
- Ensure development of brand focused materials that successfully communicate the Company's brand pillars.
Dealer Marketing Strategy and Management
- Lead all dealer marketing related efforts. Routine analysis and distribution of dealer marketing performance
Dealer Engagement & Advertising
- Routinely engage with dealers.
- Develop and deliver routine dealer education.
- Engage dealers in the development and activation of marketing plans.
- Develop and oversee annual dealer co-op advertising budgets
- Increase lead acquisition by researching and testing the effectiveness of online marketing tactics.
- Assist in driving implementation.
- Manage effectiveness of online marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and persuasive skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to identify customer tendencies, unmet needs, and product differentiators.
- Experience developing and delivering marketing collateral.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional vendor management competency.
- Must routinely engage and influence stakeholders across the business and dealer network
- Able to quickly learn business and brand goals and apply learning to position responsibilities
- Must be able to immediately take over and lead new marketing team in efforts toward business goals
- Effectively manage marketing activities in an ever-changing economic and business environment
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strong financial acumen.
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing principles and strategies.
- Demonstrated strong project management experience.
- Proven ability to independently resolve problems effectively.
- Make decisions on the fly, using excellent judgment, level headed decision making and professional communication
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Experience: 10>15 years
- Travel: 10 - 24%
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 470-266-5040. The Company’s Georgia hiring location is Suwanee.