Do you have 3-5 years’ experience in launching products or creating go-to-market strategies? Have you successfully ran a marketing campaign through to completion? Are you a strong self-starter but enjoying working within a highly metricized team dynamic? Do you have a passion for learning new technologies and enjoy getting your hands dirty? Do you have a experience in the Agriculture industry? If you said yes to ALL of these questions, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing animal feed ingredients. Join us and grow your career with Wilbur-Ellis – a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth & development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
As a member of the Strategic Marketing team, the Marketing Specialist will develop & implement creative campaign plans that enable Wilbur-Ellis to realize its market objectives. Essential to the role is to work with a collaborative mindset to formulate and deliver communication and market demand strategies. In doing so, having a key focus on demand creation and customer development, willingness to support the team in all aspects of the marketing function when needed and engaging internal & external customers with an insight driven mindset enabling the company to differentiate across brands, services and products.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Working knowledge and experience of successful and creative marketing communication techniques and strategies
- Highly proficient with SharePoint and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in creating and executing strategic marketing and/or product launch plan
- Working knowledge of the newest version of Adobe Creative Cloud, including but not limited to Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Proficient with copy writing and general business writing, is able to explain complex processes in simple terms
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Experience with digital marketing and reporting tools (I.e. SEO, Google Analytics, PPC Campaigns, etc.)
- Must be able to work independently and report progress to the team. Many projects will require independent thinking and working directly with field staff
- Must be able to take campaign plans & projects beyond what is asked, discuss follow-up projects with staff, and think outside the box
- Demonstrate success in challenging status quo and implementing creative thinking and ideas
- Ability to think strategically or with strategic vision in mind when developing campaign plans
- Proven ability to influence without authority
- Ability to drive results with a collaborative mindset
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for design and improving existing pieces with appropriate solutions to complex communication problems
- Proven track record of being detail-oriented, self-motivated, managing a high volume of varied work, and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and fully manage assigned projects
- Solid ability to exercise good judgement in writing and editing written communication
- Comfort in effectively working within a dynamic team of creative personalities
- Outgoing and willing to engage with fellow employees and sales staff to seek out projects to bring to the team for consideration
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
Marketing Campaign Plans
- Responsible for designing, creating, and delivering marketing campaigns/go to market plans to support the growth and expansion of company products and services and launch strategic products
- Works with internal teams, customers, publications, and external vendors to implement & execute marketing campaign plans including media agencies from start to finish, on schedule and on budget
- Fully supports internal segment teams for national, regional, and local marketing efforts
- Works directly with Product Managers, R&D team, and Regulatory team to ensure proper content and technical language is always being used
- Collaborate with marketing and other professionals to coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, e-mail, TV etc.)
- Develop and analyze market research and sales data that support and directs the development of robust campaign plans
Strategic Marketing Support
- Acts as a continuous source of creative ideas and solutions to help the Wilbur-Ellis Agribusiness Division grow
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals for campaign plans and support teams
- Collaborates with Strategic Marketing Team to enhance brand strategies and messages within the Agribusiness branding guidelines
- Continuous collaboration with Strategic Marketing Team on overall design and direction for Wilbur-Ellis segments and Agribusiness
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
- Develop and manage a marketing budget that drives and supports the campaign plan as part of the marketing team
- Takes calls from field and product teams for campaign plan/project initiation
- Must be able to organize and prioritize projects accordingly, ask questions, add projects to log and sees them through from start to finish
- Reports to team on project coordination
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.