At Doosan/Bobcat, the Product Marketing function is the glue that binds product strategy to marketing strategy to the tactics that ultimately lead to sales. You’ll develop a broad understanding of how Bobcat uses customer feedback and market research to build amazing products, you’ll see how we communicate our value proposition to potential buyers, and you’ll contribute to figuring out how to leverage our marketing experts, agencies, and technologies to bring products to market.
As a Bobcat Product Marketing Specialist, you’ll be part of the entire product lifecycle, from initial product conception to bringing the product to market. You’ll work with Product Marketing Managers and the Product Management team to help identify the specific areas where our product capabilities resonate with our target customers, and you’ll help with the messaging and value proposition development that allows us to clearly articulate our advantage over competitors to the market.
You’ll work to understand who our customers are and what they care about, using research, interviews, competitive analysis, and other tools to help you identify what resonates best with them and what they are asking from us. You might become an expert on a specific product or a specific type of customer, and you’ll make sure to share your knowledge and perspectives to the people who need to know.
You will constantly be thinking about how to get better – how to better articulate our value proposition, how to better leverage marketing channels to reach our customer, and you’ll work hand-in-hand with your Product Marketing Manager to consistently improve. Marketing is all about knowing your customer and helping identify the best way to execute, and you’ll be a critical part of that.
But that’s not all. As a Specialist, you’ll have the ability to get close to our products. Whether it be photo or video shoots, working with other marketing team members or vendors at our events, or providing input to our Product Management teams as they are developing our products, you’ll get up close to the amazing products we make.
A Bobcat Product Marketing Specialist is the perfect place to start if you’re interested in the overlap between product development and product marketing, and you want to get started in a rewarding Marketing career at Bobcat!
Role & Responsibility
- Build product knowledge and credibility with Product Management teams and Product Marketing Managers to get very targeted on what our customers want, and how to translate our advantages into language that our customers understand.
- Become knowledgeable on various types of customers that we are looking to sell to or specific machines that we are bringing to market, and be able to shift focus from time-to-time depending on the needs of the Product Marketing Manager and ultimately company strategy.
- Understand the competitive landscape—stay current on what the competition is doing and help communicate that to the broader team.
- Support the product launch plans and/or targeted initiatives that marketing needs to drive. Understand how you fit into the bigger picture and provide a supporting role to the teams that need to be involved to bring our products to market.
- Participate in the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products and contribute to the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Support the Product Marketing Managers in a variety of ways, whether that be specific research and/or competitive deep dives, helping manage logistics related to photo or video shoots, coordinating team meetings and/or driving alignment when needed, or any other needs. You’ll need to both stay at a high level but also have the ability to get into the weeds when needed.
- Help review the different content assets that the Bobcat Marketing team drives across all channels and products, looking to drive consistency in messaging, consistency in our value proposition, and consistency in how we talk about our portfolio.
- Identify where there could be risks in a specific plan, a timeline, or with a specific group, and be proactive in highlighting that risk and potentially help managing it.
- Contribute to budget management, timelines, project plans and other tactical needs related to your specific product and/or focus area.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Experience Required: 2+ years relevant marketing and/or business strategy experience (related industry preferred, but not required.)
- Travel Required: <10%
- Experience in market analysis
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- A desire and proven ability to learn
- Multi-tasker with keen eye for detail, and an ability to drive deadlines
- Experience with compact equipment, or an excitement and a passion to learn
Doosan Bobcat North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas, nor provide any OPT, CPT or other immigration support, for this position.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.