Marketing Undergraduate Internship – Summer 2020
PenFed is searching for Marketing Interns at our Corporate Headquarters in Tysons Corner, VA.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to work directly with a team of marketing professionals. You will have the opportunity to acquire experience with in marketing skills and strategies, internal and external communication, and strategy platforms. This paid internship will provide you with knowledge of various aspects of the marketing field. You will also receive ongoing time with a mentor throughout your internship to allow for growth and training, helping you to eventually transition into the workforce.
Learn more about PenFed’s Summer Internship Program
What You Will Be Doing:
- Collaborate, develop, research, and track campaigns and projects
- Assist in marketing and advertising campaigns (e.g. social media, direct mail, digital, internal) as well as creative media and employee campaigns
- Assist with marketing and organization events
- Assist with researching analytic trends in marketing campaigns
- Work on an exciting group intern project
What We’re Looking for:
- Seeking a current student completing a degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or another closely related field
- Passion for learning and growing in the Marketing field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Adobe
- Competency and ability to manage your time effectively
- Creativity, energy, and assertiveness to collaborate closely with colleagues
- Currently enrolled full time in a four-year program with an accredited institution
- Must be a rising Junior or Senior with a minimum of 60+ credits completed prior to June 2020
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must provide copies of your unofficial transcript with initial application and official before internship start date (if selected)
- Must be able to work at PenFed for the entire timeframe (June 1, 2020 – July 31, 2020)
- Veterans encouraged to apply
Instructions for Applying:
- Upload your unofficial transcript at the time of application (Required)
- Do not apply to more than two (2) internship openings
- Application Deadline is December 15, 2019
- Job listing is open until December 15, 2019
- PenFed will conduct interviews with candidates from December 16, 2019 – February 28, 2020
- Offers will be made no later than end of March 2020
- Dates of Internship: June 1, 2020 – July 31, 2020
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-329-8909.