Material Analyst - Clifton, NJ - Monday-Friday
Evaluate, analyze and develop materials plans, processes and procedures to support the supply of materials.
1. Develops and recommends appropriate strategies to handle inventory levels, safety stock levels, replenishment, material shortages and the phase in/out of new/old materials.
2. Assists in the preparation of reports/materials for developing the budget.
3. Manages and maintains Stockclerk or appropriate Materials Management system to ensure integrity of the database and stocking levels for the business unit (BU).
4. Interface with department directors/managers/supervisors to develop adequate stocking levels and replenishment
5. Analyze usage patterns and make recommendations for appropriate stocking levels based on consumption, lead times, seasonality, etc.
6. Train users on the appropriate use of Stockclerk or appropriate Materials Management system.
7. Monitor and manage open orders and backorders in conjunction with the Purchasing Operations Center (POC) and Corporate Materials Management and Contract Managers to ensure material availability and timely receipt of merchandise.
8. Assist BU Materials Manager in coordinating and managing the New Item Request (NIR) and New Vendor Request (NVR) process.
9. Coordinate with warehouse/storeroom to provide for timely and accurate delivery of materials to appropriate location.
10. Coordinate physical inventory process for BU, including cycle counts as needed to maintain database integrity.
11. Act as the primary focus point for assigned departments to address day to day operational materials concerns.
12. Assist in applicable assigned projects and project teams as a representative for BU Materials Management.
13. Comply with all applicable and current Materials and Services Management, Human Resources, Employee Health and Safety, Compliance, and OSHA policies and procedures.
14. Monitor and assist in improving supply costs through active participation and review of lab and client utilization and standardization processes.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by the BU Materials Manager.
1. Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and or work experience.
1. Minimum of two (2) years experience in Materials, Warehousing, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Operations or equivalent.
1. Knowledge of Laboratory operations
2. Strong communication skills.
3. Problem solving skills.
4. Inventory Management.
5. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.) or equivalent.
6. Able to work effectively in a team environment.
7. APICS certification desired.
Key Words: Warehousing, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Analyzer, BU Materials Manager