Location : Gwinner
The position objective is to develop and implement plans to improve material flow, parts presentation, and delivery processes in alignment with the overall plant strategy.
Continuous Improvement of Material Delivery Processes
- Define appropriate materials presentation strategy and replenishment methods.
- Coordinate physical set-up of Material Flow layout areas.
- Establish and monitor metrics relative to material handling issues and drive continuous improvement.
- Create business cases and work with accounting on allocating resources.
- Work with BUSCL/ME's on container management for improved line-side presentation and material flow/replenishment signaling.
- Calculate material handling manpower needs for product lines to include new processes for material tracking and inventory accuracy.
Communication & Education
- Assist in training personnel on material movement processes.
- Provide work instruction to 3rd party logistics providers to ensure that material movement processes are fully functional and aligned.
Streamline Material Delivery
- Design, prototype and implement material delivery options.
- Incorporate Visual signals into kitting operations.
- Design and implement an engineered dock door to point of use material handling process, including dock door utilization, transport mode, transport path, line side location, and returns cycle and path.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and/or distribution processes, safety practices, quality, total preventative maintenance and facilities layout.
- Experience with line and process design, material presentation, and visual management tools.
- Lean Manufacturing - Green Belt preferred.
- Experience using computer aided design (i.e. AutoCAD), and Oracle/SAP (for transactions related to control cycles, material information, tracking, and movements).
- Experience using Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, and Project.
- Excellent communication, team work and problem solving skills.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering
- Experience Required: 5>7 years
- Travel Required: <10%
Doosan Bobcat, a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture and landscaping equipment, attachments and services, is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is home to world-renowned brands. This includes: Bobcat® compact equipment; Doosan Portable Power products; BOB-CAT Mowers; Ryan and Steiner grounds care equipment; and Geith attachments.
At Doosan Bobcat, our success is powered by our people. Through our winning culture and one global team working together, we deliver the best products and service to our customers – and make the world a better place. Join our team today and start building your career with a worldwide leader.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.