Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Material Handler I- an entry-level position supporting all routine aspects of material receiving, kitting, warehousing, and shipping. This position is located in Boulder, CO.
Battelle manages and operates the National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON) project, which is solely funded by the National Science Foundation. A 30+ year project dedicated to understanding how changes in climate, land use and invasive species impact ecosystems, the observatory’s scientists and engineers collect a comprehensive range of ecological data on a continental scale across 20 eco-climatic domains that represent dominant North American ecosystems. Our teams use cutting-edge technology, including an airborne observation platform that captures images of regional landscapes and vegetation; mobile, relocatable, and fixed data collection sites with automated ground sensors to monitor soil and atmosphere; and trained field crews who observe and sample populations of diverse organisms and collect soil and water data. All NEON data are published online and made freely available to the public. The Observatory includes more than 500+ personnel and is the first of its kind designed to detect and enable forecasting of ecological change at continental scales.
- Perform routine unloading, sorting, and packing of incoming manufacturing materials. Identify and separate material requiring incoming quality inspection.
- Stock material in appropriate warehouse locations.
- Kit job orders and deliver to manufacturing floor as directed.
- Perform routine inventory cycle counts and inventory counts in support of physical inventories as directed.
- Prepare products for shipping and perform routine shipping of products to clients.
- Perform Enterprise Resource Planning transactions to reflect material receipt, stocking, issue, and shipping as required.
- Requires a high school diploma with 1-2 years of verifiable experience in receiving, shipping, and/or warehousing.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Basic computer skills including MS Windows and Office.
- Operate pallet jacks and fork lifts, or ability to learn how to operate this equipment within a reasonable period of time.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work overtime with 24 hours notice.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, and climb ladders and stairs
Applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
Employment is contingent on background screen, drug screen, and physical.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers