- Maximizes processing and minimizes downtime by monitoring equipment used for product movement and transfer; conducts and refers minor repairs referring major malfunctions and/or unsafe conditions to Supervisor or Maintenance Department; maintains a clean orderly work area, performs Material Handling, production functions as needed; processes product according to specifications if qualified by training and certification.
- Contributes to accuracy of processing and product accountability by maintaining product documentation; implements appropriate corrective action as needed; places, retrieves and analyzes product monitoring devices per processing specifications.
- May assist in maintaining product inventory by receiving, identifying, labeling if appropriate, and storing product within the Shipping and Receiving area in accordance with established procedure and any applicable Customer provided special instructions.
- Loads and unloads product into and from processing station, includes forklift operation.
- Contributes to safe product processing by responding to any alarm conditions in an appropriate manner; reports events and activities outside normal parameters to Supervisor or Operator.
- Contributes in a team effort by performing according to the guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, the GMP and other directives; supporting the directives and decisions of higher level management and accomplishing other duties as assigned.
- Works in a safe manner and considers safety in all aspects of job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to pass Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) required background check.
- Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English.
- Ability to navigate through defined computer screens.
- Above average organizing, analyzing and a minimum of Level 1 math skills (add and subtract 2 digit numbers. Multiply and divide 10's and 100's by 2,3,4,5, ability to use the four arithmetic functions of add, subtract, multiply and divide with money, measurements, e.g. cup, pint, inch, foot, lbs. etc.).
- Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.