Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s NEMA Motors Division markets, designs and manufactures the market-leading Baldor-Reliance® brand of industrial motors. As the #1 global manufacturer of NEMA motors, our quality products are designed to reliably and efficiently meet the challenges our customers face. Our business is investing in technology, tools, people and processes to ensure our general purpose and application-specific solutions perform as expected, every time.
The role reports to the Manufacturing Manager - NEMA and is located in St. Louis, Missouri.
Pay Range is: $18.41 - $23.47 per hour
2nd shift differential .38 per hour
3rd shift differential .76 per hour
Immediate Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Required to load coils on dereelers making sure you have the right size C hook for the coil and centering the hoist over coil.
- Required to use the safety chain when loading coils.
- Remove and cut first wrap off of the coils and place magnet back on the coils.
- Make sure at coils are loaded on both sides of the dereeler at every press at end of shift.
- Required to palletize material off of the conveyors.
- Operates an electric pallet truck to move completed pallets/boxes of lamination to the staging area.
- Operates a hoist to hang coils and when palletizing material that weighs 50 lbs. or over.
- Operates pneumatic shears, pneumatic stapler and hydraulic lift tables, as needed.
- Material handlers will make up boxes to keep production going and must leave adequate amount for next shift made up.
- Makes sure that all lines are cleared at the end of the shift.
- Operates the Pick and Place machines when needed.
- Perform daily clean up at end of the shift.
- Safety Sleeves and Cut Resistant Gloves or Leather Gloves must be worn at all times when working with coils and handling material.
- Ability to understand and follow all ABB safety policies, safety training and hazard communication information. This includes but is not limited to wearing proper personal protective equipment (PPE) such as: safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, cut resistant gloves, and safety sleeves when required.
- Lift and or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently grip with hands, turn, push, and bend, along with occasional reaching above shoulder level, and pulling.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for long periods of time and to keep up with the demanding pace of production.
- Possess the dexterity and hand-eye coordination to utilize various hand tools, power tools, and other equipment to complete a variety of complex task. Equipment includes but is not limited to: electric chain hoists, pneumatic shears, pneumatic stapler, hydraulic lift tables, electric pallet jacks, manual pallet jacks, and controls with knobs and buttons.
- Ability to comprehend and follow both written and verbal instructions. Ability to read, write, use a calculator. Must also have the ability to read and comprehend work orders, blueprints, and inventory tags.
- Ability to maintain regular work attendance, including arriving at work on time and remaining at work until the end of the schedules work day.
- Ability to work daily and weekend overtime, including overtime on short notice.
- The material handler must be able to perform these task for a minimum of 8 hours per day, 5 days a week.
- If an employee is unable to perform these essential functions it is their responsibility to bring this to the attention of their supervisor, manager, or Human Resource Manager. In these situations, ABB will discuss and attempt to provide any reasonable accommodations that may be available.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.