Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.Job Description
Seasonal opportunities available on 1st and 2nd shift! These roles are Temp to Hire opportunities.
Material handling plays an important role in manufacturing and logistics. At The Nature's Bounty Co., the Material Handler is responsible for the movement of materials within our packaging plant, utilizing a wide range of equipment and includes consideration of the protection, storage, and control of materials.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operates material handling equipment independently as well within a team environment
- Moves material to appropriate destinations
- Organizes and maintains materials and other components in storage, staging areas or feeding the packaging lines
- Documents information as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Personal responsibility for following safety rules, SOPs and cGMPs guidelines
- One to three months related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Military experience is a plus
- Basic Math to complete required documentation
- Basic reading and writing in English to complete required documentation and to understand required procedures
- Basic technical and mechanical ability to understand equipment
- This role requires the use of personal protection equipment and working around equipment and machinery.
- Visual acuity to inspect product and read labels and documentation
- Physical ability to stand for most of the day (5-8 hours a day) and to regularly work on raised surfaces and climb stairs or ladders.
- Physical capability to repetitively lift and carry 25 lbs for up to a height of 4 feet and for a distance of 4 feet for 5-8 hours a day. Frequently from 26 – 50 lbs for the same height and distance for 3 – 6 hours a day. For proper lifting and carrying, squatting is frequently required.
- The role may require pushing and pulling a fully loaded pallet jack or lift (~500 lbs) for extended distances.
- Physical ability to repetitively bend and twist at the waist and neck and to reach above and below shoulder level to reach for product, components or equipment panels.
- Manual or Electric Pallet Jack or Lift Operation
- Bulk Pallet Sheets & Skid Tags
Preferred experience as a:
- Finished Goods Runner
- Bulk Runner
- Mezzanine Operation
- Pallet Wrapping
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.