Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to the Procurement & Logistics Team Lead and is located in Mebane, North Carolina. As a Material Handler, you will be responsible for performing shipping/warehouse work in our facility. All positions will report and work under the general supervision of a Manager and Team Leader.
Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
- Prepare outbound products per order.
- Meet daily order volume.
- Manage appropriate documentation related to incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Track shipments in and outbound.
- Receive finished goods, returns, stock from factory.
- Unload and stock incoming materials (up to 40 lbs. repetitively).
- Receive raw materials, chemicals, parts and other items.
- Operate forklift/reach truck to put away inventory.
- Fulfill large shipments (overseas containers, distribution center inventory orders).
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Maintain shipping/warehouse area and participate in housekeeping/safety/environmental inspections.
- Place Safety as a core value and perform all work to Safety specifications.
- Identify process deviations and perform root cause/corrective action.
- Must wear specified company-provided personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields, and hearing protection at all times in designated areas.
- Must be willing to work schedule as dictated for the department.
- Willing to work Overtime as required with or without prior notice.
- Must be dependable, reporting to work on time, ready to work.
- Be familiar with basic computer functions such as creating, sending, and receiving e-mail and data entry.
- Have a strong work ethic, demonstrating both initiative and a professional attitude.
- Must have clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perform the essential elements of the positions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be willing to work in Non-Temperature Controlled Environment Work duties may include walking up to 5 miles daily in warehouse environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Authorized to legally work in the US.
- 2 years’ experience in a Shipping, Logistics or Warehouse environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated with a high level of engagement.
- Adept problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and work teams.
- Experience in dealing with the cultural diversity of a global business environment.
- Practical experience with SAP and other applicable software.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.