A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux’s global headquarters is located in Marcy L’Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 43 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc., our Americas division, has more than 4,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries. Our Americas headquarters is in Durham, NC, with nearly 1,200 team members. bioMérieux, Inc. sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives.
The Material Handler position is responsible for receiving material, ensuring consumables and card components are stocked, add/remove/maintain logs of cooler product inventory, and labeling components for use in compliance with SAP and MES and in support of the production and packaging of VITEK 2 cards in a cGMP compliant manner. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for completing corresponding documentation for the associated tasks. Contribute to building a positive work environment. This job directly affects both internal and external customers. It also affects Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality goals of the division. Routine contact may include, but not limited to Maintenance, Engineering, Quality, Logistics and Planning.
- Receives material, ensures consumables and card components are stocked.
- Moves finished goods from manufacturing to cold storage, shipping or disposal while maintaining logs of product inventory.
- Stocks consumables and card components while maintaining 5S, inventory accuracy, FIFO, and safety.
- Counts physical inventory of raw materials and finished goods as required.
- Labels card components prior to use in compliance with SAP and MES in a cGMP compliant manner.
- Engage in cage movement, maintain product segregation, retrieve and organize raw materials, and ability to learn powered industrial truck operation.
- Follow appropriate departmental cleaning procedures to ensure adequate cleaning of the manufacturing areas.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Appropriately use PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) as required to perform routine and non-routine duties.
- Maintain all work areas in a well-organized, clean and tidy manner at all times in compliance with cGMP requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Studies/Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in FDA regulated manufacturing environment and GMP is desired.
- Ability to express ideas clearly (verbal and written) with the ability to work from verbal and/or written instructions, manuals, work orders and specifications.
- Ability to perform necessary calculations and complex task sequences in order to meet production requirements.
- Attention to detail and the ability to accurately interpret technical documentation are critical.
- Ability to perform computer applications including learning and performing SAP transactions.
- Ability to work in warehouse conditions.
- Ability to routinely lift 20-50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours.
- Ability to work overtime as required to cover a 24/7 operation.
- Extensive standing, repetitive hand and arm motions, ability to climb steps.
- Lifting (up to 50Lbs) and moving containers of cartons, tubes, and printed materials.
- Must be able to push a wheeled cage that can weigh up to 600 lbs fully loaded.
- Operating within cool temperature and low humidity conditions within the production room. Constant noise is common due to the operation of the air-dry chamber, taping and pouching equipment.
- Excellent personal hygiene required. Appropriate gowning requirements necessary for the production areas. Gloves are required to handle the product. Hairnet, clean room gowns and/or lab coats are required. Safety glasses and hearing protection are required personal protective gear.
- Occasional environmental odors may be prevalent.