Ultimate Staffing is looking for a Material Planner/Inventory Coordinator to support a leading supplier of Power Supplies to the medical device and semiconductor industries. This is a direct hire role, for an essential business with employee first culture!
The material planner/ Inventory coordinator will be responsible for developing detailed horizontal demand and supply plans for multiple SKU's on key accounts, providing visibility in material planning. The purpose of the planning activity will be to ensure that XP Power continue to deliver products, on time, identifying potential supply chain gaps and resolving these gaps by collaboration with the supply chain teams in Sunnyvale and ASIA.
In addition, this position will also take a responsibility of ensuring that inventories within the Sunnyvale site are within the required levels, safety stocks are being monitored and supply lines are adjusted accordingly the fluctuating demand profiles. Inventory projections and KPI's will be generated and reported to senior management.
• Material planning for all production SKUs and Inventory Management.
• Create weekly Demand / Supply horizontals for critical accounts.
• Weekly reviews of horizontals with key stake holders from Sales and Supply Chain teams.
• Collaboration with buyers / planners to expedite and eliminate material constraints.
• Weekly inventory monitoring and projections analysis.
• Identifying and executing action for inventory management.
• Participate in daily/weekly production meetings and brings the material availability to table.
• Schedule and host meetings with all manufacturing partners, local or overseas, to reduce and eliminate shortages or excess inventory.
• Generate reports on status update for management.
• Support the SCM as and when needed.
• Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Must be proficient in SAP or ERP system with an understanding of electromechanical manufacturing, multi-layer BOMs and test process.
• Must have thorough understanding of MRP methodologies and all aspects of demand and supply management.
• Must be an efficient user of Microsoft office tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Job entails heavy use of Excel - need to be able to create spreadsheets, charts and graphs, formulas, V-look ups, etc.
• Must be well organized, detail oriented and able to multitask.
• Must be efficient in proactively identifying areas of potential supply concerns, keeping in mind capacity constraints, shortages and communicates analysis/recommendations to all parties impacted.
• Must be flexible with work hours to meet and work with customers and suppliers in different geographic locations.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and capability to self-prioritize workload.
• Above all a strong team player
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.