Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
The Quality team is dedicated to implementing a culture and practice of excellence throughout the entire value chain of the organization, to increase customer satisfaction and improve profitability in a sustainable way.
This role reports to Planning & Fulfillment Manager and is located at Senatobia, Mississippi. As a Material Planner, you will be responsible for end-to-end planning of inventory including sales in excess of invoicing from purchase requisition to customer invoice. Support internal customer service inquiries. Sets inventory parameters, inventory targets, and ensure adequate replenishment of inventory through purchase orders.
- Segmentation and safety stock: Segment the portfolio of materials through an ABC/XYZ analysis, product lifecycle management and commercial policy.
- Defines inventory policies according to this segmentation.
- Inventory parameters: Calculates and maintains in the planning systems and the ERPs inventory parameters such as safety stock, reorder point, lot size, lead-time and replenishment strategies.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with Buyers for obtaining the best possible supplier performance in terms of supplier on-time delivery, MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity), quality, lead-time and flexibility.
- Inbound Materials: Works with Operations Buyers and GBS to align planning of material with call offs and ensures that purchase requisitions are converted into purchase orders.
- Inventory controls: Manages MRP (Materials Resource Planning) exception messages daily. Supports cycle counting and/or year-end inventory counting.
- Conducts financial risk assessments decisions relating to inventory, conducts root case analysis (RCA) when necessary.
- Inventory performance: Analyses excess and obsolete/aging inventory.
- Takes appropriate action for optimizing inventory performance in collaboration with sales, marketing, manufacturing and Procurement and Logistics.
- BS (Bachelor of Science) in Material Management, Business Administration or Engineering with minimum 5 years of experience in materials planning, sourcing and / or logistics.
- Knowledgeable of integrated ERP systems – specifically SAP.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, ability to achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management and organization skills, ability to work in multi-task environment.
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) Certification(s) preferred.
- Six Sigma Belt certification preferred.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.