Manage the Supply Chain process (requisitioning, receiving, warehousing and distribution, etc) of all supplies and materials for assigned Business Unit(s) (BU) in accordance with Materials and Services Management Policies and Procedures.
- Comply with all applicable and current Human Resources, Internal Audit, Compliance, College of American Pathologists (CAP), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Finance and Materials and Services Management regulations, policies and procedures as well as any other policies deemed applicable.
- Manage the BU Materials Management staff.
- Act as liaison between requisitioner and the Purchasing Operations Center (POC), including but not limited to requisition review, requisition approval as needed, tracking backorders, problem resolution, Supplier Performance Management System (SPMS) input, managing product recall for the BU, returns and damaged goods.
- Collaborate with POC and Contract Manager in sourcing issues.
- Manage the Lab Utilization and Client Utilization process to reduce the supply cost per requisition/test.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies in conjunction with Accounts Payable, the POC and appropriate Contract Managers.
- Manage the month end closing process in the Stock clerk or appropriate Materials Management system.
- Review all requisitions for accuracy (quantity, date needed, etc.), making necessary corrections, prior to being released to the POC.
- Manage the New Item Request (NIR) and New Vendor Request (NVR) process in conjunction with the POC.
- Manage the timely receiving, handling, distribution and returns of all materials shipments. GOAL Same day receipt and distribution.
- Manage open requisition and purchase orders in conjunction with the POC.
- Maintain the Stock clerk Business Unit (BU) database to reflect accurate descriptions, units of measure, etc.
- Provide training to employees on proper use of Stock clerk or appropriate Materials Management system as needed.
- Provide tools, reports, information and/or resources to the BU departments to manage and improve supply costs while minimizing inventory on hand.
- Manage warehouse and department inventory to ensure adequate supply of materials while minimizing inventory costs.
- Manage direct report Staff, including work flow, performance reviews, etc.
- Provide input and resources to Corporate Materials and Services Management as required.
- Become qualified as a Stock clerk Super User to train and assist others with Stock clerk applications.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good record keeping skills
- Ability to operate a computer, printer and bar code scanner Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.) or equivalent
- Able to work effectively in a team environment must be able to lift up to seventy (70) pounds
- B. A. or B. S. degree or equivalent combination of education and or work experience
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C. P. M.) certification desired.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Materials, Warehousing, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Operations or equivalent. APICS certification highly desirable.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of Laboratory operations preferred
- Knowledge of Six Sigma process preferred