University Instructors is recruiting for placement of Math and Reading tutors in Henrico County, VA.
The Reading/ELA/Literacy and/or mathematics tutor will work for our client in Henrico County, VA. The tutor will work collaboratively with the classroom teacher to support students in English, ELA and/or Literacy and Mathematics. The tutor should have knowledge of English/Reading/ELA, Literacy and Mathematics curriculum and be able to support students in those specific areas. The work hours are approximately 10-25 hrs. per week, working with small groups in a push-in or pull-out situation. Tutors support students in work completion and content mastery through a designed curriculum. Tutors do not create lesson plans.
Essential Academic Tutor Responsibilities:
- Provide one-to-one OR small group support to students in Reading and Mathematics
- Communicate with teacher/school administrator about student progress to assist student in staying current on all coursework and relaying any concerns to classroom teacher.
- Be able to give instruction on new material.
- Assist in supporting students with state exam preparation.
- Support the classroom teacher in providing a safe, supportive environment
- $20-$25/HR DOE
WORK LENGTH: January 2020 to May 2020Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with tutoring in a K-12 environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Must pass a background screen and/or fingerpinting